Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
    Looks to be amazing work.

Today were still running HS2 and haven't had a solution to replace mcstemp. From what I see, this is a comparable if not better program.

Are my observations correct?

Than
    Charlie
    Having never used McsTemp, I am not qualified to answer that question. Maybe someone else can chip in.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
      Thanks Jon. I put a wait of 1 second in between the database and chart build. No change.
      I've found the bug...Double entry in a routine

Try version 1.0.6 which is now available.

For those who want a secondary Y-axis - I've added that too! Outside automatic operation, you will have to add some additional settings manually as i don't want to overcrowd the initial config - see the end of the docs.
      Jon

Comment

Today were still running HS2 and haven't had a solution to replace mcstemp. From what I see, this is a comparable if not better program.

Than
        Charlie
        You are correct this is a excellent program for recording and graphing data. I have not used McsTemp so I cannot help on the comparison question. I am graphing temperature data from multiple sources with Jon's program and it is working very well.
        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          I've found the bug...Double entry in a routine

Try version 1.0.6 which is now available.

For those who want a secondary Y-axis - I've added that too! Outside automatic operation, you will have to add some additional settings manually as i don't want to overcrowd the initial config - see the end of the docs.
          Thanks Jon, version 1.06 corrected the double entry issue. Working on testing the secondary Y-axis, you read my mind.

Excellent work, on the program. This is a must have for anyone wanting to graph data from multiple sources.
          Billy

Comment

You can easily add an immediate script command to save time spans using hs.saveinisetting and then update the chart within a single event.
            Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
            Good idea, I'll give that a go.
            Steve
            Works a treat!

Steve

Comment

Than
              Charlie
              I also haven't used mcsTemp so can't compare directly. However, I can confirm that this is an excellent plugin that, so far, does everything I want it to do. I used to use BDGraphs, which similarly used the NET framework for graphs, but this plugin is leaps and bounds more flexible. You can basically log and chart any kind of data you can think of.

Steve

Comment

Jon the secondary axis settings are working well.

I would like to add comments to the INI file, is the ; (semicolon) supported for adding comments to the INI files? I am finding so many uses and there are so many options that I probably need to keep track of some comment information in the INI files just so that I know what I am doing with each chart and table.
                Billy

Comment

I would not recommend it as any save to the file will cause an issue.

Just add a new heading such as:

[MyNotes]
                  1=I've done this
                  2=I've done that
                  3=Tell Jon00 what a fantastic guy he is

etc
                  Jon

Comment

Wow, this is impressing. Very nice piece of software. You have tought quite a lot about how to make the charts versitile.

I have one question, is there a way of getting these charts into HSTouch? I thought since the image is in the status of the virtual device, I would be able to show it in HST, but I just get the little icon instead. Is there a way?

Comment

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
                      I have one question, is there a way of getting these charts into HSTouch? I thought since the image is in the status of the virtual device, I would be able to show it in HST, but I just get the little icon instead. Is there a way?
                      It's easy displaying the charts in HSTouch once you know how. Don't use the virtual devices just point the URL of an image directly at the graphics files that are generated. So for instance set the ImageURLNormal to:
                      http://127.0.0.1:7997/images/jon00/dbchart/chart001.png
                      If you want the graph to continually update set IsVideo=True and set IsVideoRefreshRate to an appropriate value.
                      You don't need the virtual devices unless you want to view them in Device Management. The documentation explains how you determine whether virtual devices are created or not for each chart. I found them useful when setting things up but I view all my graphs through HSTouch so did away with all the virtual devices.
                      You can set the size of the charts generated to suite the size you want the image in HSTouch without worrying how they would look in the status of a virtual device.

Steve

Comment

Than
                        Charlie
                        They are significantly different.

mcstemp/xapmcsgraphs produce an interactive webpage, with a table of max,min and average values over the period that you are displaying, if you wish to show it.

You can select the period displayed and the end time interactively, this has to be specified in the ini file with Jon00's utility. It's easier to customise the mcs graphs, for instance, you can change the size depending on the IP address of the viewing device, maybe large graphs for a desktop, small ones for a phone.

On the other hand, it's probably easier to generate graphs for displaying elsewhere with this rather than Michael McSharry's utilities.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I have tried this before and I never got it working for my Android devices. But it was some time ago I tried last time. It does work now, great!

Comment

Jon, I see a difference when starting the EXE manually or letting HomeSeer start it up after a reboot. Just curious if this is by design or if a configuration for the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe program needs to be created.

FYI: I have the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe program setup in the HomeSeer startup script to startup automatically.

Symptom:
                            When I reboot or restart HomeSeer the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe expects the jon00dbcharting.db3 database to be in the HomeSeer root folder (Example: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\) and if the database is not then it will create it.

If I decide to exit the Jon00DBChartingHS3.exe process and restart it manually, it expects the jon00dbcharting.db3 database to be in the C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Jon00DBChart\ folder and if it is not, it will create a blank one.

I found this out after applying one of the latest patches and instead of restarting HomeSeer, I just stopped the plugin by right clicking on the tray icon, updated the files and restarted it by navigating to the file and doublie clicking on it. Obviously this is not a real big issue, now that I figured out what was going on (don't do that no more). LOL.... It gave me a little grief when it happened and I was trying to figure out why my graphs are now empty.
                            Billy

Comment

Bdraper,

I can confirm the same. Saw yesterday evening all of the sudden that graphs were not updating anymore. Restarted the utilty adn saw updates happening again. I had visitors so did not give it much thought yet.
                              Just checked the HS3 installation directory and noticed the db3 file in there. That is where I realised having the same issue as you just described.

Wim
                              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                                Bdraper,

I can confirm the same. Saw yesterday evening all of the sudden that graphs were not updating anymore. Restarted the utilty adn saw updates happening again. I had visitors so did not give it much thought yet.
                                Just checked the HS3 installation directory and noticed the db3 file in there. That is where I realised having the same issue as you just described.

Wim
                                Thanks Wim, glad you were able to confirm. When this happened, I thought I had been into the eggnog a little to heavy. LOL. Glad I was able to figure it out without much trouble.
                                Billy

Comment

Working...
                                X