No announcement yet.

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00, I have to say you are ruining my holiday plans! HAHAHA!!! I am spending waaayyy t0o much time playing with these charts, and loving it!!

One issue I can't seem to resolve, how come my charts are coming up with various widths? Some are wider than others. I can't seem to figure out how to get the charts to use the entire width of the border as in the examples below.

Again, thank you! This makes my HS system so much more powerful.

On a side note, what do you think about having the ability to pre-process device values before they are entered in the database? For example, on my Wine Cellar chart below, I ended up creating a virtual device that divides the actual wattage by half and using that virtual device in the chart instead of the actual value. Because the wattage is so much higher than the temperatures, I wanted to show more of the temperature range than the wattage.

MCSTemperature was what I used in HS2, and it allowed for multiple scales in the vertical plane. I realize this likely isn't possible, so I thought a scaling factor for a particular device would be a solution.
    Attached Files
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
      One issue I can't seem to resolve, how come my charts are coming up with various widths? Some are wider than others. I can't seem to figure out how to get the charts to use the entire width of the border as in the examples below.
      The charts are automatically resized depending on the data provided. You can override this using the ChartAreaPosition setting (search the docs). Getting this right is a bit of trial and error as it works on percentages of the overall image size.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
        On a side note, what do you think about having the ability to pre-process device values before they are entered in the database? For example, on my Wine Cellar chart below, I ended up creating a virtual device that divides the actual wattage by half and using that virtual device in the chart instead of the actual value. Because the wattage is so much higher than the temperatures, I wanted to show more of the temperature range than the wattage.

MCSTemperature was what I used in HS2, and it allowed for multiple scales in the vertical plane. I realize this likely isn't possible, so I thought a scaling factor for a particular device would be a solution.
        I don't think this is in the docs (or tested) but add the following under the respective [DBTableX] entry.

This example is to modify Data2=

Add:

Multiplier2=0.1

That 'should' reduce the size recorded in the database (i.e 100 X 0.1 = 10)
        Jon

Comment

Definitely a great tool. Unfortunately my Zee got swamped by about 10 charts. Not sure why. Actually everything has been slower since the .147 upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
            Definitely a great tool. Unfortunately my Zee got swamped by about 10 charts. Not sure why. Actually everything has been slower since the .147 upgrade.
            This is a different charting plugin to the one you are using (Jon00 Virtual Device Graphing) on the Zee!
            Jon

Comment

Lol. I was just viewing the unread posts with tapatalk and didn't read carefully. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Mike,

FYI, If you want your chart lines thinner, change all the PlotborderWidth numbers to 2
                Jon

Comment

Brilliant Jon00! Graphs are now full width, and multiplier working like a charm! How'd I know you'd already have a solution for this!

Happy Holidays!
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    What happens? Does the plugin crash?

Did you copy the 3 Homeseer dll files as per the instructions?

Is there an errorlog file in the exe directory?
                    Yeah, I copied everything. Nothing happens in hs3. And when I try to run the exe I just see it flash in 'task manager' as it instantly dies. I got event 1026 and 1000 in event viewer. That help?

Comment

Not sure I can help with this one. 1026 is a .NET runtime error. Searching for this error comes back with a number of hits including missing dll files, corrupt .NET installation and OS security measures.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        I don't think this is in the docs (or tested) but add the following under the respective [DBTableX] entry.

This example is to modify Data2=

Add:

Multiplier2=0.1

That 'should' reduce the size recorded in the database (i.e 100 X 0.1 = 10)
                        Tested multiplier and it works a treat. It just get's better and better. The DBs

Back to cooking the Christmas Dinner otherwise I'm in serious trouble!
                        Steve

Comment

jon i got a problem

First of all merry christmass to you and all other forum members !!

Ok jon , i installed everything , it run thhe exe and create devices with the demo running but showing no images ... looks like he dont find them...

I also put the demo on 0 and deleted everything and edited my config Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini

Data1= $dva:I3
                          Data1Label= temp bathroom

it creates 2 charts i dont know why (Chart 001 and Chart 002) Chart 001 is nothing... and Chart 002 is the image , but not showing

with right click the image and open in new window i get 404 Bad Request: /images/jon00/dbchart/chart002.png?time=145908

if i delete ( ?time=145908 ) the image is there,,, what im doing wrong ?

File does not exist: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\jon00\dbchart\chart001.png?time=151900
                          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

it creates 2 charts i dont know why (Chart 001 and Chart 002) Chart 001 is nothing... and Chart 002 is the image , but not showing
                            You need to make sure you only have data in [Chart1] in Jon00DBChartingCreate.ini if you are only using 1 chart.

with right click the image and open in new window i get 404 Bad Request: /images/jon00/dbchart/chart002.png?time=145908
                            If you right-click on the image in Status, you will get a URL locator (http) path, that's why it's invalid. Instead, you can browse to the path C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\jon00\dbchart\chart001.png using File Explorer.

Optionally you can assign the device image of this chart device in Device -> Configuration and browse to the chart image. Then you can right-click on that image and Save Pic anytime you want.
                            Mike

Comment

Merry Christmas Jon00 (and all!)

Is there any possibility to have Markers set with an interval? I use line plots, with lots of data points. It's not possible to enable Marker ShowValues because the points are too close together. Yet I would like to display, at a minimum, what the actual min and max values are. Or at least an interval whereby I could show actual values every x minutes instead.
                              Mike

Comment

Thanks for your reply ,

But there is no image default.. I always need to edit THE virtual device for seeing the image , is that normal ?
                                Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                                Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Working...
                                X