Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    You may have missed the post but optional auto values for minimum and/or maximum values will be incorporated in the next version.
    Thanks Jon!
    Mike

Comment

Click on the Name link for the device in the device management page. What is shown for the code and address fields?
      Nice catch Jon. It is working fine. I was using the value in the Technology Address field on the Advanced tab. When I use the Address value on the Configuration tab it works as designed.

Weird how the values for the WeatherXML are different. Sorry for the confusion.

On the Technology Address field (Advanced tab) the value is:
      Location 1 HST Temperature

On the Address field (Configuration tab) the value is:
      Location 1 HST Temperature

Notice how the Technology Address field has only one space between Location 1 and HST Temperature and the Address field has 2 spaces. Strange but I got it figured out.

Thanks again.
      Billy

Comment

V1.0.3 Now Available

Version 1.0.3 is now available.

Changes from V1.0.2

Added TitleColor setting in Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini
        Added Markerstep setting in Jon00DBChartingStyle.ini

Added DataXMultiplier setting to Database configuration (Jon00DBCharting.ini)
        Added new methods to obtain data from Homeseer devices
        Added replacement tags to labels
        Moved AxisYMaximum setting from Jon00ChartingStyle.ini to Jon00ChartingCreate.ini
        Added auto function to BaseLineValue and AxisYMaximum setting

I have not provided an updater for those using previous versions so you will need to add the entries in blue manually.

Also note the text in bold:

If you used the undocumented Multiplier1....Multiplier10 function to change the data values, this is now renamed to Data1Multiplier...Data10Multiplier, however the existing settings should still work. Please update and delete all the old Multiplier settings.

Finally, I have moved AxisYMaximum from Jon00ChartingStyle.ini to Jon00ChartingCreate.ini as it was incorrectly located in V1.0.2

Have fun!
        Jon

Comment

If you used the undocumented Multiplier1....Multiplier10 function to change the data values, this is now renamed to Data1Multiplier...Data10Multiplier, however the existing settings should still work. Please update and delete all the old Multiplier settings.
          The update appears to have broken the Multiplier. I changed the settings from Multiplier5=0.167 to Data5Multiplier=0.167 but new data is no longer factored. Changed back to Multiplier5= but that no longer works.

Steve

Comment

Try V1.0.3.1

(I somehow remarked out that line of code!)
            Jon

Comment

Try V1.0.3.1

(I somehow remarked out that line of code!)
              That's sorted the multiplier.
              You don't hang about do you!
              Steve

Comment

I'd rather get the problem sorted to stop people downloading unnecessarily!

Let me know how the auto values is working out for you.
                Jon

Comment

Moved AxisYMaximum setting from Jon00ChartingStyle.ini to Jon00ChartingCreate.ini
                  Added auto function to BaseLineValue and AxisYMaximum setting
                  BaseLineValue=auto doesn't seem to be working on my charts and the AxisYMaximum=auto of all the charts seems to be working differently to before.

I have set BaseLineValue=auto on a couple of charts but they are still showing with the baseline at 0. Ones that I have set a specific baseline value for still work OK.

All my charts are using AxisYMaximum=auto. Previously the charts would draw with the maximum almost exactly set to the maximum data value. In otherwords somewhere on the chart a data value would reach the top of the chart. Now all the charts have some leeway at the top, i.e. the maximum of the YAxis is quite a bit higher than the maximum data value. For example a chart showing values from all my internal temperature sensors is showing with a YAxis max of 30 when the highest data value is only 22. I much preferred how it looked previously.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Under the respective [DBTableX] Add:

AutoAdjust=0

Then try:

AutoAdjust=0.05

Is it any better for you. I do round up to the nearest 10 as the Y-scale was getting strange increments.

Other people were complaining that there was no leeway at the top so I cannot win!

The setting internally is set to 0.1
                    Jon

Comment

Steve,

Under the respective [DBTableX] Add:

AutoAdjust=0

Then try:

AutoAdjust=0.05

Is it any better for you. I do round up to the nearest 10 as the Y-scale was getting strange increments.

Other people were complaining that there was no leeway at the top so I cannot win!

The setting internally is set to 0.1
                      That sorts it perfectly. And it's even better having the option.
                      I can fully understand the impossibility of pleasing everybody.

Any thoughts on the BaselineValue=auto, I still can't get that to work on my charts?
                      Steve

Comment

Comment

Is it working regardless of the error? It looks like it could not find a file when first started.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Any thoughts on the BaselineValue=auto, I still can't get that to work on my charts?
                            Steve
                            What is the lowest value being displayed on the chart?
                            Jon

Comment

Jon,
                              I had deleted all before updating and started from the beginning.
                              There are no devices created ( and no graphing ) .
                              The HS3 log shows :

Dez-27 18:25:52 Jon00_DBChart Ready
                              Dez-27 18:25:52 Jon00_DBChart Version 1.0.3.1
                              Dez-27 18:25:52 Jon00_DBChart Connected to Homeseer

I don't know what's going wrong !

Fischi

Comment

What is the lowest value being displayed on the chart?
                                1 chart has lowest data value 20, highest 60. Chart YAxis goes from 0 to 60.

1 chart has lowest data value approx 7 highest approx 22. Chart YAxis goes from 0 to 30. Interestingly the AutoAdjust=0 with AxisYMaximum=auto doesn't seem to be working on that one although it does on my other charts.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X