Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pentair and Homeseer

Ok, so I need some guidance here..
    I have a Pentair Pool pump that runs my filter for my pool...
    I hate not having it in my home automation system as I cant see when it runs, and if it ran the night before..
    Right now its running on the schuedle in the pump
    All I want to do is monitor the pump perhaps be able to turn it on and off instead of having to walk around to my pump house..
    and perhaps schedule additional running if needed through homeseer
    I have no idea what I have to buy to tie this plug in, into my Pump..
    All I currently have... Is the pump... I have the cable that connects to the pump.. what else do I have to buy to get this pump talking to your plugin?

thanks
    Fred

For this plugin to work you need one of these Autelis controller: http://www.autelis.com/homeautomation/pool-spa.html
    Check with them which one is compatible with your system.

Comment

OK great so just to confirm?
      I will need the controller for my pump, and the plug in, and I will be able to control the basic functions of the pump via homeseer?
      Fred

Comment

You can also roll your own with arduino and a relay board. This is what I'm working on now. I also monitor the power consumption of my pool house with aeon power monitor so can tell instantly when my pump is on.

I have a pentair superflow variable speed pump.

Robert

Edit: Got to admit, these devices make it easy...
        Last edited by langenet; August 14, 2017, 07:58 AM.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
          OK great so just to confirm?
          I will need the controller for my pump, and the plug in, and I will be able to control the basic functions of the pump via homeseer?
          Fred
          If the functions you want to control are supported by the Autelis controller, then yes the plug-in will expose them to Homeseer (if they are not yet implemented in the plugin, I will add them)

Comment

What specific pump do you have. There are many pentair pumps. Usually you woukd need an easytouch system to connect to.

Comment

OK so sorry for the delay! pool was closed when I read this.. LOL so now the pool is open again, and i'd love to get this finally into my home seer..
              I have a Pentair
              Intelliflo Varible Speed pump
              that's taken right off the sticker on the side..

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
              fred

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                OK so sorry for the delay! pool was closed when I read this.. LOL so now the pool is open again, and i'd love to get this finally into my home seer..
                I have a Pentair
                Intelliflo Varible Speed pump
                that's taken right off the sticker on the side..

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
                fred
                looks like you need the PC100IF autelis controller:
                http://www.autelis.com/
                http://autelis.com/wiki/index.php?ti...air_Intelliflo

but I would confirm with Autelis support if I were you.

Comment

Awesome thanks so much.
                  I have ordered that.. and a wifi bridge as I don't have a network connection near my pump
                  I will be getting the trial of the software to test.. and will update, thanks for your help

Comment

Thetaz01 I have the pentair inteliflo and the autelis device, so shoot any questions, glad to help out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
                      Thetaz01 I have the pentair inteliflo and the autelis device, so shoot any questions, glad to help out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Clafa, that's awesome, thank you...
                      So I ordered the Autelis device for the inteliflow, as well as the wireless bridge, as I do not have a network connection where my pump is.. are you doing the same? or are you lucky enough to hardwire the network?
                      also, be very curious to know what type of info and control you get IN homeseer?
                      I have already installed the plug in, on trial waiting on the parts to come, im assuming the config was as easy as entering in the IP of the Autelis device, and the password assigned, and then homeseer does the rest?!
                      thanks so much
                      Fred

Comment

More info

So I ordered the Autelis device for the inteliflow, as well as the wireless bridge, as I do not have a network connection where my pump is.. are you doing the same? or are you lucky enough to hardwire the network?

I don't know what you mean by the wireless bridge.

I have a Pentair Suntouch controller (I bought is used from ebay like $80 bucks) then the Suntouch is connected to the Autelis device.
                        The wiring is as follows:
                        Pump to Suntouch controller (via the "special" cable), the Pentair Suntouch. This cable is a short distance.
                        Then the Suntouch Controller is hard wired (4 wire cable) to the Autelis device. This cable is long and goes through all the way next to my router.
                        The 4 wire cable is actually irrigation cable

The Autelis device then has a Rj45 connected to the router.
                        Homeseer Plugin is then is able to see the Autelis device.

also, be very curious to know what type of info and control you get IN homeseer?
                        Through Homeseer I can control the entire Suntouch panel which includes I can control the pump speeds, lighting, relays inside the Suntouch, measure Air and water temp.

My pool is cleaned using Ecosmarte (which is not chlorine and not salt) so I control that as well with a relay.
                        I have read that others have controlled the salt chlorinator.

I created a timer called Pool Filter, which is started through events once the pump is running and "paused" when the pumps are not running. After the timer reaches 7 days I get an alert on my phone that its time to backflush

Comment

I don't know what you mean by the wireless bridge.
                          >> My pool pump is NO where near my router, I need to use a wireless AP bridge to connect the Artelis to the Network. hardwire is Really NOT an option :-/ unless I want to bury a Network cable LOL

I have a Pentair Suntouch controller (I bought is used from ebay like $80 bucks) then the Suntouch is connected to the Autelis device.
                          The wiring is as follows:
                          Pump to Suntouch controller (via the "special" cable), the Pentair Suntouch. This cable is a short distance.
                          Then the Suntouch Controller is hard wired (4 wire cable) to the Autelis device. This cable is long and goes through all the way next to my router.
                          The 4 wire cable is actually irrigation cable

The Autelis device then has a Rj45 connected to the router.
                          Homeseer Plugin is then is able to see the Autelis device.
                          >>> I was planning on going the special cable from the pump to the Autelis device, and the Autelis device to my network..
                          DO I NEED the suntouch controller?? is that a requirement?
                          Keep in mind this is for my in ground Pool, not a spa, and the only thing I control right now is my pump, salt generator is separate system

Through Homeseer I can control the entire Suntouch panel which includes I can control the pump speeds, lighting, relays inside the Suntouch, measure Air and water temp.

My pool is cleaned using Ecosmarte (which is not chlorine and not salt) so I control that as well with a relay.
                          I have read that others have controlled the salt chlorinator.

I created a timer called Pool Filter, which is started through events once the pump is running and "paused" when the pumps are not running. After the timer reaches 7 days I get an alert on my phone that its time to backflush

Comment

Ok

OK,

Just read the page for the Autelis device and you do NOT need the Suntouch controller.

You are right the Special pump cable to the autelis device,
                            As far as getting a network cable tot eh autelis device I would use a range extender which has a RJ45 connection so you can connect it directly to the Autelis device..
                            Funny someone else just asked this same question, I recommend looking at something like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...MYGFSW24&psc=1

Cheers and let me know if you have any questions once you have set it up.

Chris

Comment

Hey Clafa,
                              so I finally got all the pieces to fall into place..
                              Took me a little bit,
                              So I have the Autelis controller hooked up on the network, and I can control my pump, and see RPM, and Watts...
                              I added it into the plugin in homeseer,
                              I have a TON of devices created...
                              one thing that confuses me, under pump #1, on the Autelis control page, I have a drop down with Program number I can run, my program 1 is scheduled on the pump to run at night, I can drop down to program 1, and turn on the pump whenever I want..
                              I do not see anything on the homeseer created devices with a drop down that is similar
                              also, when I goto the Autelis page, and turn on the pump, to program 1, I see the status of RPM, and watts, in real time, I check the devices in homeseer that list Pump 1 RPM, and PUmp 1 Watts, and the numbers don't update

any help would be awesome, thanks so much

ALSO SIDE NOTE for the creator of this plug in IF he reads this...
                              I installed the plug in two weeks or so ago, not realizing the devices were going to take me so long to get, and connect.. I only have 9 days left, any chances, I can get an extension to make sure I can get what I need.. working?
                              thanks
                              fred

OK,

Just read the page for the Autelis device and you do NOT need the Suntouch controller.

You are right the Special pump cable to the autelis device,
                              As far as getting a network cable tot eh autelis device I would use a range extender which has a RJ45 connection so you can connect it directly to the Autelis device..
                              Funny someone else just asked this same question, I recommend looking at something like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...MYGFSW24&psc=1

Cheers and let me know if you have any questions once you have set it up.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X