Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProcessMessage ElectricMeter/CurrentSummationDelivered=4.076 Line 0 Value was either too large or too small for an Int32. Service Version: NO_VERSION
    I can understand this if a long string of digits are being processed. If it is a number I likely place in integer format which can only hold numbers up to 2^31 (2,147,483,648). I will look into it.

Comment

I learned something about difference between HS3 and earlier versions with DeviceValue. When storing the DeviceValue a Double data type is expected by HS3. When reading DeviceValue an Integer data type is returned. With HS3 one needs to peek into the Device's devValue property which is read only. I made the updates and is available with 3.0.7.1 http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_0_7_1.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        I learned something about difference between HS3 and earlier versions with DeviceValue. When storing the DeviceValue a Double data type is expected by HS3. When reading DeviceValue an Integer data type is returned. With HS3 one needs to peek into the Device's devValue property which is read only. I made the updates and is available with 3.0.7.1 http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_0_7_1.zip
        Awesome! Thanks Michael. As a side note, I re-accepted the topics, creating new devices, and the problem went away.

Comment

I gave it a spin and found it to be easy to use for at least what I was trying to do. I tried middle size tiles which will allow eight to be placed on a small smartphone. I subscribed to my local MQTT broker. As one would expect updates occur in near real time. I have one of the tiles setup as a button so it provides not only status, but control via the smartphone.

What was not obvious was the method to edit after a tile was defined. With a long press on the tile a menu comes up that allows edit among other options.

I have not tried to setup a second tier of MQTT brokers and establish a WAN rather than LAN network so in my case the App applies only to use while at home.

Comment

I've been using MQTT Dash since it was released last year. It is a great app and has quite a bit of flexibility. There is a little known feature of being able to copy / backup your config. I can point folks to a quick tutorial if you are unable to find the feature.

Best,
            Frank

I gave it a spin and found it to be easy to use for at least what I was trying to do. I tried middle size tiles which will allow eight to be placed on a small smartphone. I subscribed to my local MQTT broker. As one would expect updates occur in near real time. I have one of the tiles setup as a button so it provides not only status, but control via the smartphone.

What was not obvious was the method to edit after a tile was defined. With a long press on the tile a menu comes up that allows edit among other options.

I have not tried to setup a second tier of MQTT brokers and establish a WAN rather than LAN network so in my case the App applies only to use while at home.

Comment

HS Events will support a change in DeviceValue. There are 3rd party plugins that will do DeviceString as the trigger.
              Can you point me towards one of these plugins. I've been looking for this exact functionality but haven't found the plugin that does it.

Comment

The link on post 107 of this thread provides the latest. The Updater for HS3 has it listed in primary technology & lighting section contain both. For mcsMQTT it shows the original release the last time I looked so that is why the zip file exists in this thread. Install instructions are contained at the start of the user guide/manual that is linked at the first post of this thread.

mcsMQTT is the one discussed in this thread. Happy to customize if you have a need.

Comment

I have a mosquitto broker running on my Homeseer server Ubuntu. I have it talking to owntracks on my phone using ssl on port 8883. I had started writing a plugin to handle the coms to Homeseer but this plugin looks like it could save me some time.

I'm having trouble getting it to connect. From a terminal I'm able able to connect to my broker using: mosquitto_sub -h 192.168.1.9 -t "owntracks/#" -p 1883 -u "username" -P "password", however entering the ipaddress, username and password in the plugin then clicking refresh/rebuild yields MQTT Broker Connection Refused not authorized in the homeseer log.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

There was another post today where mcsMQTT was not able to clear authentication so it is likely something I need to look into when I return home at the end of the month. I did setup a broker with password during initial development, but have not revisited it with later builds. I firewall my broker so not concerned with authentication.

Comment

I changed my config to allow anonymous connections and the plugin was able to connect. Of course now I have absolutely no idea how this plugin is supposed to work

Comment

The manual with link in first post of this thread is pretty complete. I ordered a Pi from Amazon so I can setup a test machine where I am at now.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                          I changed my config to allow anonymous connections and the plugin was able to connect. Of course now I have absolutely no idea how this plugin is supposed to work
                          If your broker is public facing (on the internet), be careful about allowing anonymous connections to control your devices. It wouldn't take much for someone to see that you are running an MQTT broker on your network and to monitor for all MQTT traffic by subscribing to "#". They could then wreak all manner of havoc on your automation system.

I initially set up many devices to connect to my broker without requiring logon. My broker was public facing. I saw the need to secure the broker, yet I didn't want to change all of my esp8266 based clients because of the amount of work required to do so. The way that I was able to maintain this configuration AND to force authentication on my publicly facing broker was to set up a second broker on a Pi which I then bridged to the original broker. The publicly facing broker requires authentication and the internal (original broker) still allows all connections. I then hid the original broker behind my firewall so that it is not accessible on the internet and opened the secured broker to the internet.

Frank
                          Last edited by qwiksilver96; February 14, 2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

No worries,

My public facing port is secured with a password and encrypted with SSL. Only the local port was allowed to accept anonymous logins and only briefly for testing purposes.
                            I like the way you think though

Comment

I got my Pi &SD today so with any luck I can see what is going on with authentication tomorrow.

Comment

3.0.8.0 has been uploaded for updater, but updater still is not recognizing the updates. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsMQTT_3_0_8_0.zip

Two changes. One is to fix authentication. SSL has not been implemented, but username and password at the broker have been corrected. It was a typo on the setting name in the .ini file.

Added a setup option for those who have heavy MQTT traffic, but little of it is needed for HS. This is a radio near the top of the setup. The default remains to discover everything published by the broker, but it can be set to only subscribed to messages that have already been Accepted and are mapped into HS3 devices. This was done for those who are sensitive to LAN or CPU usage for the messages that are not needed. Manual updated in Section 5 to describe this.

Comment

Working...
                                X