This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    I think the problem will be that the user will have to purchase the plugin, then at least a Way2Call Lite which is $349. I just don't see many doing this. Maybe there is another solution than the Way2Call, not sure. The Way2Call was the only device that allowed control from a local handset, maybe without that functionality there may be some other devices
    In looking at the HSphone code, it appears that the original HSphone had full functionality only if using the Way2Call, and somewhat reduced functionality using the Homeseer PCI modem. It looks like the same thing could be done using the under-$75 U.S. Robotics 5637 modem https://support.usr.com/support/5637/5637-ug/index.html

Looking at the modem documentation, almost all of the CID, call management, and answering machine functions would be possible. [I don't think you could suppress local ringing until after HSphone processing like the W2C does. But you could work around this by turning off the local ringers and having HSphone provide the "ring" through the speakers.]

Those needing the local control, voice-recognition, and full ring-suppression functions would need to upgrade to the Way2Call. I believe there would be a lot more people interested in HSphone if the hardware cost were not so high!
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Here want to be the organizer of said endeavor and do want the Homeseer 2 W2C stuff as I can do much more with the HS2 plugin than the HS3 plugin.
      Pete,
      Do you have any details on what HS2 HSphone functions "went missing" on the move to HS3? I'd like to check the code and see if they were removed or maybe they're still there but just don't work properly under HS3.
      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Originally, HSPhone was going to be a plugin for HS3 but we decided it was too much work.

It references a third party audio dll from:

http://www.exceletel.com/

(which is already installed with HS3)
        Rich,
        1. Do you have any "project notes" from when you looked at doing the conversion? Something that might detail the required changes?
        2. Is the Exceletel dll used by other functions in HS3, or might it go away and not be included as part of HS4, thus requiring the plugin developer to license it?
        3. Might the HS audio dll go away or be fundamentally changed at some point? If that's a possibility, maybe you could go ahead and post that code.
        Fred

Comment

Remember, there are a few of us who already have a Way2Call. :-)
          Don

Comment

Do you have any details on what HS2 HSphone functions "went missing" on the move to HS3? I'd like to check the code and see if they were removed or maybe they're still there but just don't work properly under HS3.

Just the original W2C API and how you could send commands to the W2C box via Homeseer 2. Not sure though if the Homeseer 2 HSPhone stuff was all documented.

There was a Homeseer 2 user here who posted these commands and I tried them and they worked just fine a few years back.

IE: like sending out a call with whatever CID you wanted whether internal or external.

&HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H14,&H0

&HSP.HIPSendLocalCID 1,"test","5551234567"

&HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H04,&H0

6/27/2018 12:48:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Send CID"
            6/27/2018 12:48:36 PM Event Running script and waiting: &HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H14,&H0
            6/27/2018 12:48:36 PM Event Running script and waiting: &HSP.HIPSendLocalCID 1,"test","5551234567"
            6/27/2018 12:48:38 PM Event Running script and waiting: &HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H04,&H0

You could do something like send a voice mail to a phone this way. This is a feature that was in the OmniPro 2 panel along with the call to the alarm company.

Looking for my command line document....found one document but there is another one...included Way2Call SDK...it is all there...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; June 27, 2018, 01:13 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Just the original W2C API and how you could send commands to the W2C box via Homeseer 2. Not sure though if the Homeseer 2 HSPhone stuff was all documented.

Looking for my command line document....found one document but there is another one...included Way2Call SDK...it is all there...
              Cool. I'll take a look.
              Fred

Comment

Thank you Fred.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

[I]Just the original W2C API and how you could send commands to the W2C box via Homeseer 2. Not sure though if the Homeseer 2 HSPhone stuff was all documented.

There was a Homeseer 2 user here who posted these commands and I tried them and they worked just fine a few years back.

IE: like sending out a call with whatever CID you wanted whether internal or external.

&HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H14,&H0

&HSP.HIPSendLocalCID 1,"test","5551234567"

&HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H04,&H0

6/27/2018 12:48:36 PM Event Event Trigger "Send CID"
                  6/27/2018 12:48:36 PM Event Running script and waiting: &HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H14,&H0
                  6/27/2018 12:48:36 PM Event Running script and waiting: &HSP.HIPSendLocalCID 1,"test","5551234567"
                  6/27/2018 12:48:38 PM Event Running script and waiting: &HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H04,&H0

You could do something like send a voice mail to a phone this way. This is a feature that was in the OmniPro 2 panel along with the call to the alarm company.

Pete,
                  Preliminary finding is that the code still exists to send a command directly to the Way2Call using HSP.HIPcmd. I'll try to come up with a test based on your example and the info in the W2C SDK docs. Do you have one that you've tried and know it doesn't work?
                  Fred

Comment

Thank you Fred.

Do you have one that you've tried and know it doesn't work?

I have a few W2C boxes here.

I have not tested HSPhone for Homeseer 3 as I am running Linux HS3 Pro.

I am still utilizing HSPhone for Homeseer 2 which works fine.

I will do a test VB of W7 or utilize my W10 laptop and HS3 Pro and connect a Way2Call box to it and try out the W2C commands in the next couple of days.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you Fred.

Do you have one that you've tried and know it doesn't work?

I have a few W2C boxes here.

I have not tested HSPhone for Homeseer 3 as I am running Linux HS3 Pro.

I am still utilizing HSPhone for Homeseer 2 which works fine.

I will do a test VB of W7 or utilize my W10 laptop and HS3 Pro and connect a Way2Call box to it and try out the W2C commands in the next couple of days.
                      Pete,

So far, testing has revealed the following:
                      HSP.HIPcmd - the HS command works. Still trying the various W2C low-level commands [the ones used with HSP.HIPcmd] to see if they all work or only some of them. So far, the "go off-hook", "go on-hook", ring frequency, ring time, ring off time all work.

HSP.HIPSendLocalCID - doesn't appear to work. Still trying some combinations of the script regarding the command to go off-hook, whether to send ring before sending CID, etc.

hsp.LineSendtones - does work, but won't send more than 3 tones in a single command. Ex: sending "123" and sending "123456" both only send "123".

Will post more after more testing.
                      Last edited by ITguyHS; June 30, 2018, 02:19 PM. Reason: Correction
                      Fred

Comment

Hope this works out for everyone. :-) Looking forward to see what you come up with.
                        Don

Comment

Not sure what the current thinking is for HSPhone but as someone who uses it daily here are a few points of concern for me.

-I use it daily to announce incoming calls by name to supplement my Stargate which can only announce the number.

-All of my incoming lines, POTS, Cell, VOIP, and Cable feed through a Panasonic phone system and then to the Way2Call so it can handle calls from all sources. Regardless of what may happen to my POTS lines in the long run I do not see this basic configuration changing overall. In other words it is going to be needed even if my POTS lines go away.

-I would be fine using a different piece of hardware if I had to but I cannot do without the phone functionality completely.

-I still use the paging built into my phone system so I need something that can dial the internal paging access number and make an announcement.

-Not that concerned about suppressing rings. (plenty of workarounds).

-Definitely need the call logs so want to be sure that feature stays.

-Fine if it becomes a paid plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                            I still use the paging built into my phone system so I need something that can dial the internal paging access number and make an announcement.
                            Mike,

Do you have an example (event and/or script) that you could share for doing the paging? I'm assuming that you currently have this working.
                            Fred

Comment

Thank-you Fred. Yes you had to run multiple script lines for internal CID. (offhook, dial out with CID, onhook)

There was also a time that HS2 worked with two autonomous devices...one HS modem and one W2C box.

Thinking too that the first W2C box with a serial port worked fine (even with audio).
                              Last edited by Pete; June 30, 2018, 02:14 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Correction to test result posted above:

hsp.LineSendtones - does work, but won't send more than 3 tones in a single command. Ex: sending "123" and sending "123456" both only send "123".

Original post corrrected.
                                Fred

Comment

Working...
                                X