X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    guys,
    i got an email from my smarthome contact.
    they implemented TLS 1.0 temporarily secure the unit. They plan to release another update in the 'near future' with TLS 1.2.

i might be able to mod the code to fix the temporary issue.

any insight would be appreciated
    I'd imagine whatever library you're using for TLS support would allow you to specify which versions it supports. 1.0 may be disabled by default, but should be able to be enabled.

Comment

guys,
      i got an email from my smarthome contact.
      they implemented TLS 1.0 temporarily secure the unit. They plan to release another update in the 'near future' with TLS 1.2.

i might be able to mod the code to fix the temporary issue.

any insight would be appreciated
      Mark, I really wish that I could help... with TLS... I hope they did not secure themselves out of pushing another update.

I received the dreaded "Your Insteon Hub is Scheduled to Receive Updates" email on Jun 18... I have been working a lot and getting home late and just totally forgot about it.

Concerning the updates, I was worried about this (we are all dead in the water) scenario earlier this year https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1359269

Earlier this year, I did not block the hub in my firewall from communicating with the outside world back then. For some reason, I was hopeful that these updates would produce positive results and possibly correct my random disconnect problem. Well I guess they did solve the problem, it is no longer randomly disconnecting...
      Billy

Comment

guys,
        Insteon is going to push out ver 1015 code (labeled as 1016) to roll everyone back.

I guess all the calls worked
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

guys,
          Insteon is going to push out ver 1015 code (labeled as 1016) to roll everyone back.

I guess all the calls worked
          That is great news Mark! Did they say when they would start the firmware push? I have the plugin disabled now because of all of the errors in the log. I will wait until the morning and re-enable the plugin to see if we are back online.

Comment

That is great news! Hopefully they will push this quickly! And be more diligent in testing future releases....

Comment

they are pushing the fix to me right now. i will report back with the timeframe they expect to push out the fix to everyone
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

they are pushing the fix to me right now. i will report back with the timeframe they expect to push out the fix to everyone

Mark,

Should we remove the https section from the ini for those of us that tried the beta? Should we downgrade back or just remove the http section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Late to the party, but thanks

I came home to find lights out of sync and frustration after rebooting, resetting the hub, and checking logs. I'd signed on to ask for suggestions and found the whirlwind of activity and the much much appreciated rollback.

Thanks guys. I'm going to run Wireshark overnight on the IP of the Insteon hub to see how the rollback is pushed. I'll then block any further updates.

Comment

Originally posted by mattz View Post
                    I came home to find lights out of sync and frustration after rebooting, resetting the hub, and checking logs. I'd signed on to ask for suggestions and found the whirlwind of activity and the much much appreciated rollback.

Thanks guys. I'm going to run Wireshark overnight on the IP of the Insteon hub to see how the rollback is pushed. I'll then block any further updates.

Great idea. Please pass along the pcap or at least what you find out so we can all block in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
                      Mark,

Should we remove the https section from the ini for those of us that tried the beta? Should we downgrade back or just remove the http section

yes, remove the entire line httpprotocol=https if you added it in the beginning.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This fix worked for my hub. i now see the following fw entry

Firmware:1015 Build Jun 20 2018 15:40:43

i will post the timeframe when you can expect Insteon to push out the fix
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark and everybody. Great news.

randy

Comment

Thanks Mark. Your a true leader in this,

congrats.

Comment

Guys,
                              thanks for your patience with all this. Keep you affected Hubs online; i think the fix will get pushed out tonight. this is what i see when i log in locally

Firmware:1015 Build Jun 20 2018 15:40:43
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you Mark, I look forward to the fix. I may block future updates, but if they are willing to work with us all, maybe it is better to leave it open.

Comment

Working...
                                X