This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Keypadlinc

I'm using an IRLinc to control keypad buttons (A,B,C,D). Each btn controls a group. The sticky on keypad programming was very helpful. I found a diagram of the problem (see below), LED lights on button, but no groups are fired. I didn't see a solution on how to trigger the group from the keypad.
    Attached Files

controlling a kpl button remotely will NOT trigger the group/scene that is controlled by the kpl btn. this is not part of the insteon protocol.

Create a group in the plugin with a controller (maybe the irlinc btn) and include the kpl btn as a responder
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      controlling a kpl button remotely will NOT trigger the group/scene that is controlled by the kpl btn. this is not part of the insteon protocol.

Create a group in the plugin with a controller (maybe the irlinc btn) and include the kpl btn as a responder
      OK...thanks.

if I want the keypad to have radio button behavior I assume I'll have to implement that in event(s) or will the plug-in radio btn functionality still work when the irLinc triggers the keypad btn? Note: I am cross linking the KP and IR btns (I assume that is the right thing to do).

Comment

Originally posted by krh1009 View Post
        OK...thanks.

if I want the keypad to have radio button behavior I assume I'll have to implement that in event(s) or will the plug-in radio btn functionality still work when the irLinc triggers the keypad btn? Note: I am cross linking the KP and IR btns (I assume that is the right thing to do).
        the plugin does support programming radion buttons, and should continue to keep them in sync when used with groups. let me know how it goes
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          the plugin does support programming radion buttons, and should continue to keep them in sync when used with groups. let me know how it goes
          Reporting back..No luck with plug-in radio btns.

The irLinc turns on group A and lites KP btn A. Next when irLinc turns on group B and KP B lites BUT btn A stays on.

I did add an event: when A lites then turn off B, C, D. I need to add 3 more to complete radio feature.

Note: plugin radio support works for manual/finger press of KP btns, just not as a responder. Screen shot of radio config attached,...is it correct?
          Attached Files

Comment

what plugin version are you running? i made changes to thus in the beta version
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X