Strange Things Happening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Things Happening?

I was sitting watching a channel on TV today and it changed without me doing anything. I have several Harmony Hub events in Homeseer HS3 but all of them are triggered manually. I checked in the log and didn't notice any strange activities or login activity so am wondering what the explanation for this might be? I have noticed this happening before and only happens with the Harmony Hub Plugin. I noticed when this happened the cursor was not working however the computer was not locked up. I could restart the computer and the cursor worked just fine. Very strange. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated...Rick

Did it change to something that you have programmed in an event or was it just a random sequence of commands?

I will see if I can add an option to just log out going commands directly from the command queue so that you can keep logging on without having the files grow too fast.

Comment

I just had an uncommanded "event" where the TV cut on, the amplifier cut on , and Netflix started...

... now, that is a bonafide Homeseer event, but that event was not knowingly called and there was nothing in the logs that suggest it ever ran....

...odd.
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Another possible explanation for unexpected events: Alexa or Google Assistant interacting with Harmony.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
          I just had an uncommanded "event" where the TV cut on, the amplifier cut on , and Netflix started...

... now, that is a bonafide Homeseer event, but that event was not knowingly called and there was nothing in the logs that suggest it ever ran....

...odd.
          First, sorry for the late response. I was sick last week.

As to the event running, is it possible that at one point you had to run the event twice and once it didn't run? I'm trying to see if maybe the commands got stuck in the command queue (unlikely, but the only thing I can think of right now).

Comment

Working...
          X