X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Mobile Beta 0.0.1

Overview
    HomeSeer Mobile is a new FREE mobile app that's designed to work with HomeSeer HS3-based systems including the following:
    • HS3, HS3PRO & HS3-Pi Software
    • HomeTroller Zee S2
    • HomeTroller-SEL (standard & PRO versions)
    • HomeTroller S6 (standard & PRO versions)

This first beta release is for Android mobile devices. An IOS version will be available shortly. As with any beta release, bugs and other issues may be encountered and these may impact the stability of your HomeSeer system. If this is not acceptable, you should wait for the final release version.

The App supports Android version 5 and later (Lollipop).

Features
    • Customizable dashboard. Add any device, resize, control items to show. Multiple dashboards are supported
    • Device list. Shows all devices, supports sorting and controlling any device and adding devices to the dashboard.
    • Event list. Show all events, run an event, add to the dashboard.
    • Camera list. Shows the latest snapshot from all cameras. Click on a camera to display larger real time view and pan/tilt controls. The camera list is auto updated every 10 seconds.
    • Supports log in from MyHS and local IP.

Getting Started
    To get started, you must have HS3 version 3.0.0.458 or later. You can grab that from here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

You will need to install from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.android

We have a knowledge base with some documentation here:

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/catego...omeseer-mobile

You can also get to this knowledge base from the help menu in the app.

Reporting Bugs / Issues
    If you run into any crashes, you will be prompted with a dialog to submit crash info, please submit this! It will contain valuable information.

If you find a non-crash bug or there is an enhancement you would like to request, from within HomeSeer Mobile select the menu icon (upper left corner) then the "Send Feedback" item. This will start an email. Fill it in and submit. You can include screen shots as attachments. This will create a ticket in our bug tracking system.

You can also post any issue to this forum so others can review, but an issue will not get addressed unless it is in our bug tracker.

Here are a list of known issues, so please don't report these!
    • Adding an event widget to the dashboard my insert the widget under other widgets. To workaround, manually move other widgets to find.
    • When reducing a widget on the dashboard to just an icon, the text "Information Line" will display. For now, keep the name checked and clear it out.
    • On the device list, if you search with the search box and then leave the screen, the keyboard will pop back up every time you go to that screen. Simply click <- at the top of the screen to clear the search.
    • Landscape view is not yet supported
    • If you add a primary device to a dashboard widget and then click on the device to get info, you will see info for the root device, not the child device as expected.
    • Camera views on the dashboard are not updating yet. But you can click on a camera to see a live view.

We are looking for feedback on how well the app displays plugin devices. Thanks in advance to everyone who participates in this beta. Please be sure to submit your bugs, issues or suggestions using the email function in the app or by posting to this thread.
    Last edited by rjh; July 13, 2018, 04:39 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

"This app is incompatible with your device".

Galaxy S.........

?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Also, can we connect by DNS name in addition to connect by IP?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

The App requires Android version 5 and later, what version of Android is on your device?

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        "This app is incompatible with your device".

Galaxy S.........

?

Comment

Will need to check on that, but you can try entering your DNS name when you log in and see if connects. If not, submit a report and we can easily fix.

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
          Also, can we connect by DNS name in addition to connect by IP?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Trying to log in and it is taking forever to fail. A good minute or longer to tell me "user not found".

Gonna check my user but I'm sire it's correct. Just reporting that I don't see why it would take so long to fail a simple auth check.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Cameras and events work fine but I get "error retrieving devices" on the device page.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

I like that we can hide devices from mobile views.

Is there same option for events? I can't find it. I think it would be useful as I have some events that should not be accessible to all users.

Comment

Is there a way to add more then one secondary devices to the primary device and have them sum?

Example: My energy meter records both lines in my panel, so the total wattage is a sum of 2 devices.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Hard App Crash

Whenever I select the Events tab the App crashed HARD..
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Doesn't appear to have any scroll capabilities when adding a Primary device from the bottom of a long Secondary device list.
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Note 8 Crash on Login

I'm on a Note 8 and it crashes upon login every time for me.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                          Cameras and events work fine but I get "error retrieving devices" on the device page.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                          I am having the same issue. Can not find my devices

Comment

Honor 5x

Honor 5x running Android 6.0
                            Installed fine, so far running great. Love how easy it is to setup!!

Comment

Is,it prompting to send feedback? If so, please submit it.

Originally posted by mrwebguy View Post
                              I'm on a Note 8 and it crashes upon login every time for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X