Trigger Every 10 Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger Every 10 Minutes

I think I saw somebody else's events built like this, and I thought it appeared to be a good way to make sure an event has taken place but no do the re-evaluations every second. Well, it appears to be setting the Virtual Device to On every second. I thought it would only do it every 10 minutes. What's wrong with the event, or my thinking?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    I think I saw somebody else's events built like this, and I thought it appeared to be a good way to make sure an event has taken place but no do the re-evaluations every second. Well, it appears to be setting the Virtual Device to On every second. I thought it would only do it every 10 minutes. What's wrong with the event, or my thinking?
    You have two triggers. Either one can cause the event to run. The first trigger is once every 10 minutes. The event will run once every 10 minutes as long as the 2nd Floor Psych Office Ceiling Fan Light has been on for more than 5 minutes. Your second trigger is going to be evaluated once a second. If the 2nd Floor Psych Office Psych Office AM 96 has been on for 5 minutes, the Event will run once a second.

Click image for larger version

Name:	POPresence.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1198359

You have three options. You can set a "Cannot Re-Run for" of 10 minutes in the Event options, you can make the second Trigger another 10 minute recurring Trigger, then make the Condition "AND IF the 2nd Floor Psych Office Psych Office AM 96 has been on for at least 5 minutes", or use the virtual device as a condition. My preference would be add a Condition on the Virtual Device to both sections. That way it will not attempt to turn the device On if it is already On.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Like this? It look weird with the Presence VD entry in there twice.
      Attached Files

Comment

Comment

The OR IF adds a second trigger which is also evaluated.

Comment

I created some threads explaining events in the Event Clinic forum. You could start with this one.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Well what about post #3 is that remotely correct?

Comment

The question is how to you make sure something happens? I started using if a device changes and becomes, but it seem sometimes the event does not get triggered. So then I hatched this recurring trigger granted after I saw a post where you had used this recurring trigger. So I guess i'm on the right track, there's just gaps in my 'own' logic engine, and I'm not speaking HS Logic very well.

Comment

Working...
                X