No announcement yet.

mcsMovement Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed the latest OCX an now all the menus in the HS window have gone as has the mcsMovement quick link in the web interface. Also, I'm getting the following errors in the log:
    2008/12/03 09:37:27 AM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/mcsMovement/\mcsMovement\motion\BARBLACK.GIF

Any ideas please?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

This is hard to isolate. The plugin path for all graphics is \mcsMovement\motion\, but HS is acting as if C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/mcsMovement/ is the root server folder. There is a setup checkbox to include mcsMovement in the HS menu that could be checkec, but there is more than just that going on. Was anything else changed besides the mcsMovement.ocx?

Comment

Michael

Is this plugin still being supported/ Because I tried installing it and it seems to install all files properly but it doesn't seem to be working.

I can enable in the setup page but when I click on configure , nothing happens.

and the mcsMovement menu option is not available on HS page
        jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

All operations of this plugin are done from the GUI form that is available from the Menu entry on the same page as the HS Log. When requested it appears in the middle of the desktop so you need to be on a local computer and the middle of the desktop needs to be clear so you can see it. The UI is form-based and event driven and this is majority of the code in the plugin. I have no plans to make it browser-based.

Comment

Michael

Thanks for your reply, I understand the GUI is form based. The problem is that it
            doesn't seem to come up. I am on a local computer and desktop is clear but when I click on setup nothing pops up.
            jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

I have mcsMovement V 1.13.0.2 on my test PC. When I select mcsMovement/Setup from the HS menu the form appears in the upper left of the desktop. I believe I explicitly put it at window coordinate (0,0) because of the problems of it being hidden in the middle. If you have some form of Display Driver that manages the coordinates then this could explain it. A look in the HS log is also in order otherwise I dont know what else to suggest.

Comment

I finally got the plugin working ( I believe the problem was my computer was fairly new and had not had VBasic run files installed?)

In any case I have motion sensors on 3 floors and in all the rooms. I am trying too set up a device so that I can easily see if someone from say room A goes to -->hallway-->second floor ---> first floor --> kitchen.

What is the easiest way to have this done in this plugin? Do I need to do any scripting? Does anyone have any scripts and are willing to share?

Thanks for any help
                jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

You should ot need scripts. The plugin will provide a device status when a sequence of two devices occurs such as moving between motion sensor 1 and motion sensor 2. In your case you are asking about a motion pattern between 4 sensors. A concept you may consider is using the movement device as the from sensor. This should result in the cascade you are needing. I forget about the timing as to when these devices go inactive to prepare for the next movement event. Another idea is to create 3 movement devices and create an event where all 3 plus the 4th sensor are active.

Comment

Hello..

I love MCSMovement and use it for Area, Movement (to-from) and running scripts on motion detection.

I recently added a plugin for my VISTA alarm panel.. it created devices for all the zones in my alarm.

The Vista Alarm Plugin "Manages" the devices.. i.e... maintains the On/Off state, Device Value, and Device String, and Device Icon for each zone.

I want to use some of these devices as if they were motion detectors..

For example.. have the Vista Alarm motion sensor (zone 12, devicecode %12) as part of my Kitchen "Area".

I know i Can add the device %12 to the "Managed Devices" (it's in the list of available devices)..

But if i do so.. will MCSMovement and the Vista Plugin "wrestle" for which one controls the devicestring, devicestatus, etc?

I'd like to leave the Devicestring/status/value managed by the Vista Plugin.

I'll try this weekend... if it doesn't work.. the worse thing that happens is i have to undo..

But i was wondering how this works in general?

Thank you.
                    Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I've installed mcsMovement from the updater and then downloaded and installed the Includes from the updater and updated to the last version found on post #1 of this thread but I cannot find a mcsMovement Setup screen. I have enabled the interface.

Comment

It is a GUI form and not a browser page. It is accessed form the menu where the HS log is displayed. Be careful that a browser or other page is not covering up the middle of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                          It is a GUI form and not a browser page. It is accessed form the menu where the HS log is displayed. Be careful that a browser or other page is not covering up the middle of the screen.
                          Attached is a screen shot from when the log is displayed and I can see nothing to do with mcsMovements !
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not the browser page where one can look at the event log remotely, but the actual log that shows on the local desktop LCD/CRT monitor. If you are running HS without a desktop then you will not be able to use mcsMovement.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                              Not the browser page where one can look at the event log remotely, but the actual log that shows on the local desktop LCD/CRT monitor. If you are running HS without a desktop then you will not be able to use mcsMovement.
                              Found it now, Thankyou !

Comment

Device value resetting to 0

I've been successfully monitoring my PIRS and having mcsMovements update the device string with status and time at that status without any problems.

I've decided that I would like to get the status updated for a couple of doors so that I can see how long they are open for but the statuses don't get updated correctly. The doors are connected to the joystick port and I'm using Stipus's Direct Input Connector plugin to update the statuses for these devices. When the door is closed the value is 1 and when opened the status is 0. I've set up my device in managed devices as per the screen shot below but when I have update device string enabled the device value gets changed back to 0 when the string status and time are next updated after changing to 1, however the clocks continues from the time of initial change. And also the times are incorrect but I beleive this probably linked to the problem with the status changing.

I hope the above makes sense !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X