X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sphiend View Post
    For this HS3 BC4 plugin...

Any chance someone who is using it can post a screen-shot of how to invoke an IR command from a standard homeseer event through the WebUI?

Docs mention using this from hstouch:

&hs.RunScriptFunc("SendBC4IR.vb","Main","bm-tv COMP1 0",false,true)

This is my initial migration and I'm not yet using designer to develop hstouch interface. I'm just trying to get some basic manually triggered events going.

The SendBC4IR.vb script appears to be installed and can be selected/loaded.

I've tried various combinations from the event configuration using both immediate script format and calling the SendBC4IR.vb script with a sub and parameters but I've yet to get it working.. If you have this working, a screenshot might help me over this hump.

Here is what the logs are saying..

Jul-03 10:39:20 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\SendBC4IR.vb: Namespace or type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' has already been imported.
    Jul-03 10:39:20 AM Error Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\SendBC4IR.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

UPDATE--

I've tried various configurations using HSTouch as well with the same error messages. About to give up on these devices. I'm not sure if its my understanding of how to call the script, something awry with my system, or if perhaps hs3 has changed since the script was authored and it has not been updated for the newer version.

--

Thanks,
    -sphiend
    I would also like to know if a command can be sent directly from HS3 rather than through HS Touch UI. If it can be, how are we to use the HS Touch scripts provided by the plug-in?

Many thanks in advance.
    John

Comment

Originally posted by jlvt View Post
      I would also like to know if a command can be sent directly from HS3 rather than through HS Touch UI. If it can be, how are we to use the HS Touch scripts provided by the plug-in?

Many thanks in advance.
      John
      The script command provided in the manual can be used as an immediate script command as provided or in a full script if you drop the & at the beginning.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi,

I get the same error message as the poster above:

Jan-05 13:57:29 Error Compiling script SendBC4IR.vb: Namespace or type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' has already been imported.
        Jan-05 13:57:29 Error Compiling script SendBC4IR.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
        Jan-05 13:57:28 Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.RunScriptFunc("SendBC4IR.vb","Main","FamilyTV PowerOn 0",false,true)
        Jan-05 13:57:28 Event Event Trigger "BC4 BC4 Foxtel"
        Jan-05 13:57:28 Event Event BC4 BC4 Foxtel triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Haven't been able to see where I went wrong...

Comment

Hi,

I get the same error message as the poster above:

Jan-05 13:57:29 Error Compiling script SendBC4IR.vb: Namespace or type 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' has already been imported.
          Jan-05 13:57:29 Error Compiling script SendBC4IR.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
          Jan-05 13:57:28 Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.RunScriptFunc("SendBC4IR.vb","Main","FamilyTV PowerOn 0",false,true)
          Jan-05 13:57:28 Event Event Trigger "BC4 BC4 Foxtel"
          Jan-05 13:57:28 Event Event BC4 BC4 Foxtel triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Haven't been able to see where I went wrong...
          Hi,

Delete the first 3 lines in the script or comment them out like this:

Code:
          'Imports System.Globalization
          'Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
          'Imports System.DateTime
          It should run without errors that way.

Cheers
          Al

PS I don't have the BC4 myself, so if that doesn't work, the plugin author will need to provide further help.

Comment

Hi Al,

I don't know how to script so not sure how to implement what you described. Sorry but I'm quite a newb to anything requiring scripts. Could I be missing a config.ini file? I'm learning and experimenting by the seat of my pants!

John
            Last edited by jlvt; January 5, 2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Hi Al,

I don't know how to script so not sure how to implement what you described. Sorry but I'm quite a newb to anything requiring scripts. Could I be missing a config.ini file?

John
              Hi John,

Open SendBC4IR.vb in Notepad. It should be in the Scripts folder under the main HomeSeer directory. Add an apostrophe (') before the first character in each of the first three lines like I showed in my previous post. Save the file and run your event again.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Hi Al,

I got it working! Thanks heaps!!!

John

Comment

Hi Al,

I got it working! Thanks heaps!!!

John
                  Great news John. Glad I was able to help.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Working...
                  X