This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Phone 7?

I'm assuming WP7 will require a new client version. Any idea on when that might be available? WP7 is geeting some good buzz and will be available next week in the US.

I would also like to know if there are any plans to support WP7?

Comment

I haven't, but I'm waiting for the Verizon version early next year. I'm hoping there will be a client by then.

Comment

i have one and a client would be nice. the lack multitasking could be a bit of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by beef View Post
          i have one and a client would be nice. the lack multitasking could be a bit of an issue.
          No doubt, but I expect that will be a non-issue in a relatively short time. The Win 7 phone is going to be updated regularly. My guess is they came out with the phone in time for the holidays and wanted to make sure it was stable. I believe multitasking and copy/paste is scheduled for 2011, perhaps in concert with the CDMA phones for Verizon.

Kevin

Comment

Well I guess the HS folks will need enough demand for it. Hopefully the devices will be successful enough to justify that. It really is a great device and I can see some really cool things to be done with the 'Live tiles' on the home page of the phone. A HS hub would be very cool as well. No multi-tasking, but the iPad lacks that as well and it does not really seem to be a big problem for people.

One of the best things is that the dev environment is Silverlight, so they could really write the phone 7 app AND use it for a new windows client. So, only 1 code base and I'm sure they can do some cool stuff with Silverlight as a client.

Full disclosure, I work for Microsoft, so I am biased, but I own an iPad and have been using the Phone 7 in beta form for a while. It does have its flaws, but light years ahead of WM 6.5. It is a great device and has a much more modern development environment.

Comment

My wife and I are having a Phone 7 (HTC Trophy) for about two weeks now and we are loving it. Hope to see a hstouch version for Phone 7 soon!
              stefxx

Comment

I have my new AT&T Focus... Love it! Would love to find out if there is even a plan for a new client??

Comment

I have a Samsung Focus as well, so far I am very pleased with it. I am hoping there is an HSTouch client soon as well, in the mean time you can check out my application, certainly not the capability of HSTouch, but is very easy to set up and may get you by in the mean time.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144886

Comment

+1 for a Windows Phone 7 app

Comment

I would also like a wp7 app, then i would buy a wp7 phone on the spot.

Comment

Im also waiting for a wp7 client version.

Comment

I'd love one as well. Love my Samsung Focus!

Comment

+1

Comment

+1 !

Comment

Working...
                              X