Hometroller Zee S2 is running out of memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hometroller Zee S2 is running out of memory

I have a problem with my hometroller Zee S2.
    I have had it now for the second time, only a restart (disconnect the power) helps.

See screen shot for the message: what can I do about this Homeseer?
    I run the following plug-ins:
    A10 (x10)
    HStouch server
    Netcam
    Z-wave

It is working fine except for this problem and that my netcam messages are not deleted after the Max images of 5.

No reaction of Homeseer for this problems so far

Thanks for the help.
    Regards Paul
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
    Did you submit a helpdesk ticket with your problem? That's our primary support mechanism. http://helpdesk.homeseer.com
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

While there appears to be an issue, it may not be a memory one as that error sometimes appears due to other issues. To find out, can you go into the Linux tools menu and there you will see a command that will display the memory usage of the unit. If you could post a screen shot of that screen it will help. It will also show all the memory usage for each process so we can narrow down which process is using the memory.

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
      I have a problem with my hometroller Zee S2.
      I have had it now for the second time, only a restart (disconnect the power) helps.

See screen shot for the message: what can I do about this Homeseer?
      I run the following plug-ins:
      A10 (x10)
      HStouch server
      Netcam
      Z-wave

It is working fine except for this problem and that my netcam messages are not deleted after the Max images of 5.

Thanks for the help.
      Regards Paul

Comment

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply, I want To go in the Linux menu.
        But the password isn't right, i have changed it with the setup of the Hometroller.
        But it doesn't regonize it annymore

When i make a Back-up in the menu with Back-up config, and I load that Back-up on another (new) Hometroller Zee S2, does then everything work?
        My z-wave network, devices, events etc... Or do i have To include the z-wave modules again.

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          Did you submit a helpdesk ticket with your problem? That's our primary support mechanism. http://helpdesk.homeseer.com
          I did it with this http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzilla/
          I will do it also with this http://helpdesk.homeseer.com

Comment

Was there an answer?

I am rebooting apx every 24 hours. The only indication I get is:

Current Date/Time: 2/3/2016 4:47:20 PM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.208
            Linux version: ApplicationName='./run_command_raw.sh', CommandLine=''uname -a'', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Out of memorySystem Uptime: 0 Days 22 Hours 54 Minutes 6 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.10.198
            Number of Devices: 75
            Number of Events: 46

Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.0.4: CM15A
            0.0.6.1: MQTT

Then about 1- 60 minutes late It crashes.
            Then All I can see is that the screen is updating but it just sits.

Running on a PI with a feed from a PI and the Seer is programmed to speak the time every hour.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by semibogus View Post
              I am rebooting apx every 24 hours. The only indication I get is:

Current Date/Time: 2/3/2016 4:47:20 PM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.208
              Linux version: ApplicationName='./run_command_raw.sh', CommandLine=''uname -a'', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Out of memorySystem Uptime: 0 Days 22 Hours 54 Minutes 6 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.10.198
              Number of Devices: 75
              Number of Events: 46

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.0.4: CM15A

Then about 1- 60 minutes late It crashes.
              Then All I can see is that the screen is updating but it just sits.

Running on a PI with a feed from a PI and the Seer is programmed to speak the time every hour.

Ian
              What shows as using all the memory using the Linux tools? The first thing to try is disabling plugins to see if one of them is the culprit.

Comment

@semibogus

What is:

I am rebooting apx

As Rupp mentions disable your plugins. Start with this one:

AND disable myhomeseer for a bit.

What is:

Running on a PI with a feed from a PI
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I ran into an out of memory issue on my Zee S2 recently also. I noticed HomeSeer quit running on it, and when I looked at the syslog, it showed that all the mono processes that were running were killed due to lack of memory. This was after running for about 30 days. I'll keep monitoring and see if I can determine which process is running out of control. Will probably have to set up some process monitoring in order to catch it.
                  HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                  Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                  Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                  Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

1-60 minutes is really fast for a crash.

Here is my status after 17 days.

Recently testing some remote plugins to the Zee-2 and they are pretty innocuous so far.

Can you run SSH? Can you run a short script in SSH if I posted it here?

1 - SSH to Zee-2
                    2 - sudo su
                    3 - nano stats (copy the below and paste it to your editor session).

Code:
                    #Display Uptime
                    uptime=$(uptime | \
                    sed s/^.*up// | \
                    awk -F, '{ if ( $3 ~ /user/ ) { print $1 $2 } else { print $1 }}' | \
                    sed -e 's/:/\ hours\ /' -e 's/ min//' -e 's/$/\ minutes/' | \
                    sed 's/^ *//')
                    echo Uptime: $uptime

#Display Current CPU Speed
                    mhz=$(cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq | sed s/...$//)
                    cores=$(grep -c processor /proc/cpuinfo)
                    min1=$(cat /proc/loadavg | awk '{ print $1 }')
                    min1math=$(echo "$min1 * 100 / $cores" | bc)
                    min5=$(cat /proc/loadavg | awk '{ print $2 }')
                    min5math=$(echo "$min5 * 100 / $cores" | bc)
                    min15=$(cat /proc/loadavg | awk '{ print $3 }')
                    min15math=$(echo "$min15 * 100 / $cores" | bc)
                    echo CPU Speed: $mhz Mhz - Load Average: 1min "$min1math"% 5min "$min5math"% 15min "$min15math"% - Cores: $cores

#Display Free Ram
                    freeram=$(free -m | grep buffers/cache: | awk '{ print $4 }')
                    echo Free Memory: "$freeram" Mb

#Display HomeSeer RAM Drive
                    #hsramdriveused=$(df -h "/HomeSeer" | awk '{ print $3 }')
                    #echo HomeSeer RAM Drive: $hsramdriveused

#Display Free Disk Space on Root file system and SD Card activity
                    freerootdisk=$(df -h | grep root | awk '{ print $4 }')
                    iowritten=$(iostat | grep "mmcblk0" | awk '{ print $6 }')
                    ioread=$(iostat | grep "mmcblk0" | awk '{ print $5 }')
                    echo Free Disk Space rootfs: $freerootdisk
                    echo SD Card: Written $(( $iowritten / 1024))M Read $(( $ioread / 1024 / 1024 ))G

#Display Network Traffic
                    rx=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep "RX bytes" | awk '{ print $3 }' | cut -d "(" -f 2)
                    rxmetric=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep "TX bytes" | awk '{ print $4 }' | cut -d ")" -f 1)
                    tx=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep "TX bytes" | awk '{ print $7 }' | cut -d "(" -f 2)
                    txmetric=$(ifconfig eth0 | grep "TX bytes" | awk '{ print $8 }' | cut -d ")" -f 1)
                    echo Network Traffic eth0: Sent $tx $txmetric Received $rx $rxmetric
                    4 - chmod 755 stats
                    5 - ./stats
                    6 - copy and paste what you see here.
                    Attached Files
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

re the questions

Apx is approximately, I will try and stop using that as I have now been asked twice what it means.

The crash is 1 to 60 minutes after the line "Native error= Out of memorySystem Uptime" shows up in the log.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                      X