Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Error

Hello,
    I am totally new to Sonos (less than 1 month) and to this plugin (two days!). All of my players are detected correctly and seem to respond to basic commands. I haven't yet figured out what I can do with HS and Sonos, but I have noticed an error in the log just a few minutes ago:

I literally just finished taking a shower, after working on home projects the entire day. I was listening to Sonos, while bathing: two Play-5 v.2 in one group. Finished taking a shower, turned music off -- via Sonos app -- and went downstairs to look at something else in HS3. Noticed this error. What is it?

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
    Hello,
    I am totally new to Sonos (less than 1 month) and to this plugin (two days!). All of my players are detected correctly and seem to respond to basic commands. I haven't yet figured out what I can do with HS and Sonos, but I have noticed an error in the log just a few minutes ago:

I literally just finished taking a shower, after working on home projects the entire day. I was listening to Sonos, while bathing: two Play-5 v.2 in one group. Finished taking a shower, turned music off -- via Sonos app -- and went downstairs to look at something else in HS3. Noticed this error. What is it?
    Are you running this on a Linux install? If so which version did you install?
    Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Are you running this on a Linux install? If so which version did you install?
      Dirk
      Nope. Win 10 x64.

Comment

Nope. Win 10 x64.
        I see but which version of the PI are you running? Did you use the installer to install? It appears the SQL DLL is the wrong one, so either missing or you have the Linux version. The installer should have installed the right one ...

Dirk

Comment

The plugin version is 3.1.0.13, from the zip you posted. The initial install of the plugin came straight from the plugin management in HS3. Should not be anything Linux there...

Comment

So, as the initial install, I installed the version available in the plugin management, 3.0.0.21. Then I tried updating it to the version in the beta section and it failed. Created a post and someone said that HS store had a bad version. Then the zip with executable was posted, along with instructions to overwrite the one in the HS root directory. That's all I did

Comment

So, as the initial install, I installed the version available in the plugin management, 3.0.0.21. Then I tried updating it to the version in the beta section and it failed. Created a post and someone said that HS store had a bad version. Then the zip with executable was posted, along with instructions to overwrite the one in the HS root directory. That's all I did
              Just go to the installer and install the version in the Media section 3.0.0.21, that should do it. The HS team has been informed that the update went wrong somewhere, haven't heard from them. Have sneaky suspicion the person doing the posting in the updater does it only late in the week (might be part-time or just scheduled to do it on Thursdays).

Dirk

Comment

But doing so would overwrite the newer executable, right?

Comment

But doing so would overwrite the newer executable, right?
                  It would but is there anything that urgent that you need on this new version that cannot wait until HS fixes it? Once HS fixes the issue, you install the beta version again.

You could also manually fix this by going to the <hsroot>\html\Sonos\bin folder. What files do you find in there?

You should have a System.Data.SQLite.dll and SQLite.Interop.dll

If you cannot find the System.Data.SQLite.dll but you find the WindowsSystem.Data.SQLite.dll, than manually rename WindowsSystem.Data.SQLite.dll to System.Data.SQLite.dll and you should be good to go.

Dirk

Comment

It would but is there anything that urgent that you need on this new version that cannot wait until HS fixes it? Once HS fixes the issue, you install the beta version again.

You could also manually fix this by going to the <hsroot>\html\Sonos\bin folder. What files do you find in there?

You should have a System.Data.SQLite.dll and SQLite.Interop.dll

If you cannot find the System.Data.SQLite.dll but you find the WindowsSystem.Data.SQLite.dll, than manually rename WindowsSystem.Data.SQLite.dll to System.Data.SQLite.dll and you should be good to go.

Dirk
                    Dirk,
                    Not at all. I haven't even learned to use the plugin, so no need for any extra and new features. At least not that I know of. I will "update" to non-beta. Thank you!

On a different note, what I was really hoping for, is figuring out how to broadcast different event-related messages through Sonos....

Comment

Dirk,
                      Not at all. I haven't even learned to use the plugin, so no need for any extra and new features. At least not that I know of. I will "update" to non-beta. Thank you!

On a different note, what I was really hoping for, is figuring out how to broadcast different event-related messages through Sonos....
                      Updater is fixed!

If you run Linux you must use the "beta" version, else you can stay with the "regular". Having that said, going forward, fixes and new stuff are only going into the "Linux" version, which actually is Linux + Windows combined so I recommend you already pick the version from the Beta section. It has been running stable on my machine and I'm sure a lot of other people out there for the last year.

Dirk

Comment

Check the help file (tools->help->Sonos).

Is is very easy:

a/ decide which players should be participating in your announcement by creating a link group on the Sonos Config page. Set different volumes if needed. The link group you created, you gave it a name.

b/ Create an event, based on some trigger that you want to use to send out an announcement. Drop in a SPEAK action. Set the text to what you want to have announced. Click on the advanced settings.

c/ add a SpeakerClient by adding a prefix to it based on $SONOS$here goes your link group name$*: and voila, you are done.

Dirk

Comment

Check the help file (tools->help->Sonos).

Is is very easy:

a/ decide which players should be participating in your announcement by creating a link group on the Sonos Config page. Set different volumes if needed. The link group you created, you gave it a name.

b/ Create an event, based on some trigger that you want to use to send out an announcement. Drop in a SPEAK action. Set the text to what you want to have announced. Click on the advanced settings.

c/ add a SpeakerClient by adding a prefix to it based on $SONOS$here goes your link group name$*: and voila, you are done.

Dirk
                          Thanks so much! I will give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                          X