Apple TV 4th generation not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple TV 4th generation not working

I am unable to get my Apple TV 4th generation to pair with the iTunes DAAP plugin. During pairing it can see the remote, however it does not pair when I enter any 4 digit pin (e.g. 1234). There is not a firewall in between the HomeSeer server and AppleTV.

Apple has a new app to control the 4th generation AppleTV, called "Apple TV Remote" (as opposed to the previous "iTunes Remote" app), so I assume the functionality has changed. Are there any plans to get the iTunes DAAP plugin working with the 4th generation AppleTV?

this plugin is designed to control iTunes, not an AppleTV

Comment

The reason I thought it could work was from an existing thread on the Apple TV 1st generation from a few years ago: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165203

Regardless, thank you for your response. I will stop trying to make it work.

Comment

I see, I didn't remember it was working with older Apple TV, but yeah it looks like the pairing process has changed on the 4th generation because the code is now entered on the app side rather than on the ATV side, so I confirm it won't work with the plugin.

Comment

Working...
        X