Alert Trigger, and Alert Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Trigger, and Alert Devices

Can someone please explain the relationship between Alert Triggers, and Alert Devices.

I'm thinking an Alert Trigger sets an Alert Device to a value of 1, when its conditions are met. If true, then how do you associate an Alert Trigger to an Alert Device?

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is when an Alert Trigger conditions/setting are met, it can then fire off an HS3 event.

Rick

I am wondering the same thing...

Comment

Is there any documentation on this? I have looked through the manuals but I am not seeing it

Comment

There isn't a way to set a device to belong to a trigger as a trigger could find multiple alerts. I know the alerts section needs lots of updating. It is on my to do list.
        But as more and more data providers quit providing data, weatherXML has become less and less useful. Between that and lots of changes happening at work, I am not sure what I am going to do with weatherXML. I want to keep it going but just can't find enough time to keep up with new providers and try to update older parts of the plugin.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X