Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flair vents

Anyone try the vents from Flair yet?

As someone who works in energy efficiency on both a residential and commercial scale I can't recommend these devices. Ductwork is specifically designed. Well at least it should be....... If you close a register you create imbalances throughout the system. The only safe way to have the resolution of controlling one room is to have that room on its own zone.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      As someone who works in energy efficiency on both a residential and commercial scale I can't recommend these devices. Ductwork is specifically designed. Well at least it should be....... If you close a register you create imbalances throughout the system. The only safe way to have the resolution of controlling one room is to have that room on its own zone.
      I know this thread is very old, and this may have been true at the time, however, I think it is worth mentioning that every Flair register/vent as well as the pucks, have back pressure sensors in them in order to help protect against this very thing so it doesn't close to many vents.

Looking into these myself and Flair looks like the best post construction option from my limited research so far.

Comment

Any updates on integrating flair with HS via ecobee?

Comment

Working...
        X