Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BL1Wire - Can't open com port.

Hi Blade and All,
    Just built a new HS3 machine using BL1Wire with a TEMP08. I have configured the Plugin on com port 8, the settings are
    9600 8 none 1 none as per midon instructions.
    The plugin was running O.K. on the old machine and stopped in mid June although at the time I did not get a chance to check it out. Not sure if that is a clue.
    Suffice to say it is not running on the new machine at all. If I select com 8 using Putty and typing INI I see plenty of data on a regular basis.
    I am unable to open the com port from the Plugin Options page no matter what I have tried. Re starting HS, Restarting Windows, Disabled / Re enabling the Plugin. I have also set the buffer to its lowest setting hoping that it will make a difference. Really not sure what to try next although if memory serves me correct it has always been a little tricky to get it to start.

Hope some one can give me a pointer.

Peter

It is likely a com port registration issue for the MSCommLib ocx
    You will need to do the following to get a log to be sure

1. Shutdown HS3
    2. Edit hspi_BL1Wire.ini and change debugLevel=true and save INI file
    3. Restart HS3

Once started turn off debug logging on plugin options page and attach debug log here zipped
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks Blade for the quick response.

Hi Blade thanks for the quick response.

I'm having a bit of a senior moment!
      Two things,

With the ini file.
      debugLevel=true was already set to "true" so left it like that. Hope that's correct.
      Secondly where do I find the Debug log? Is this the Homeseer log?

There was also something earlier in the log about "BL1Wire" "DeSerialisation...." restarted the machine by mistake, lent on the off button. So will see if it comes up again and grab it this time round.
      Sorry for the senior moment!

Peter

Comment

That means the debug log (BL1Wire-Detailed.log) would be HUGE.
        Disable debug logging and delete the debug log in the HS3 root folder and then capture another using those steps
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Huge log - Oh dear.

Thanks Blade, will do.

It was 431 Kb. war and Peace reading I think!

Attached new BL1Wire log.
          Attached Files

Comment

Something is not right with the com port
            Can you confirm that com8 looks ok
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

com port 8

Hi Bob please see attached.

1. From the log when I try and open com port 8 on the options page.
              2. From putty
              3. Device management page. Have tried updating the drivers all O.K.

Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

Very odd
                Show me a screenshot of the plugin options page
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Options page. - Attached

Hi Blade,
                  Here is the Options page. Not sure if this is relevant but I cannot change the date setting. I'm in the U.K.. Also cannot change the security setting.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Peter

Edit
                  Blade,
                  Just a thought.
                  As you can see from the screen shot of the com ports there is 1 mother board COM port which is currently used for X10 CM12U, COM 1, the rest of the COM ports are via a PCI-e expansion card with 2 more ports currently in use for RFXcom WGL800 receivers. I could try swapping COM 8 with COM 1 and vice versa. Would you like me to try that?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sure. Give that a try and see what happens
                    I use a PCI board with extra com ports as well. I have not seem any issues.
                    The plugin is using the SerialPort class that is built into .net so it should be working fine.
                    My TEMP08 connects here so it is odd why yours is not. It has to be something on your end.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

RE: Com ports

Hi Blade,
                      Just to add a little more confusion, The Plugin stopped working in May see attached device screen. What may or may not help is it is now on a completely different machine with completely different hardware. The only common thing that I can think of is it is still the original HS file. Both machines have Win 7 x64 although the old now retired machine is Home premium and the new one is Pro.
                      Think it will be a couple of days before I can swap the com ports but will keep you posted.
                      Peter
                      Attached Files

Comment

Com ports swapped.

Hi Blade,
                        I have just swapped com 1 with com 8 the X10 CM12U is now on com 8 and functioning fine. The BL1Wire is running on com 1 but still will not connect.
                        As yet I have not removed and reloaded the Plugin. Do you think it is worth a try? If yes, exactly what should I remove.
                        Peter

Comment

This is very odd.
                          Log a help desk ticket on my web site
                          Attach your hspi_BL1Wire.ini file zipped to the ticket. I would like to see it
                          Capture another startup debug log and attach it zipped as well

1. Shutdown HS3
                          2. Edit hspi_BL1Wire.ini and change debugLevel=true and save INI file
                          3. Restart HS3

Once started turn off debug logging on plugin options page
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Help desk ticket - Opened

Hi Blade,

Help desk ticket is now open with three files attached. Please see startup log as well as debug log. Conflicting info in respect of Com 1.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                            X