New HS3 install, plugin loads but just doesn't control anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HS3 install, plugin loads but just doesn't control anything

I was running HS3 on Linux but just got a Windows 10 desktop. I installed HS3 on it no problem as well as the Caseta plugin. I added the SmartBridge, and did auto add of all devices which also worked. However when I try to control any, nothing happens. I've rebooted HS3, the SmartBridge, disabled/enabled the plugin. Only once did it turn a light on but then stopped immediately after. I turned debug mode on and this is all you see in the log when you try to control a light. Any ideas?

Aug-21 5:25:16 PM LutronCaseta Debug Receive: ~ERROR,2
    Aug-21 5:25:16 PM LutronCaseta Debug ~ERROR,2
    Aug-21 5:25:16 PM LutronCaseta Debug ~ERROR,2
    Aug-21 5:25:16 PM LutronCaseta Debug SmartBridgeS1 send command: #OUTPUT,20,1,100,00:00:01,00:00:00
    Aug-21 5:25:16 PM LutronCaseta Debug Hs trigger Caseta LutronCaseta LutronCaseta Living Room North Pots ref#:6 to value: 100

Do you have the pro or non-pro? What version of plugin are you running?

Comment

I have the Pro bridge, and looks like it's the latest version 3.0.0.94. It always worked fine before and on Linux, but I just bought a fanless Windows 10 PC and did all the latest updates and then installed HS3. The plugin loads fine and it adds all devices, they just don't respond when being controlled.

If I control the lights manually the plugin also doesn't update them for some reason.

Comment

Hi Don,

I'm going to give up on this as I think I'm cursed. I just bought another brand new PC but this time put Ubuntu on it instead of Windows. Now on it, as well as Windows I can't even install the plugin anymore. Tried it on 3 different computers, Windows 10, Raspberry Pi and the new Linux system I bought none work. Error log is below, just thought I'd paste an update but I'm going to give up on using this for now. Thanks for your help.

Aug-22 9:21:35 AM Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
        Aug-22 9:21:35 AM Updater Error downloading package HSPI_LutronCaseta.exe:The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
        Aug-22 9:21:35 AM Updater Downloading update: LutronCaseta
        Aug-22 9:21:35 AM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

Find the problem.

In the description I receive from the hub a device# and a zone# the device# is correlate when we don't delete and create a new device after that the device# don't follow the integration, I'll correct this today

Comment

I did remove my plugin from the updater until I correct the issue today

Comment

The bug should be fix with ver 95... Sorry for the issue

Ver. 30.0.095 *** For Pro only: ver 94 had an error, if a device doesn't match apps report ID with the HS3 address, erase device and re-create it ***

Comment

Hey Don thanks for the update, but I've given up on this as it's just making me too frustrated since it still doesn't work. I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 yesterday to try once more, did a fresh install of everything, all latest updates. Installed your plugin, hit to add devices, it added them all, but they still will not respond or be controlled. If I turn the Kitchen light on/off from HS3, the Island light goes on and off, but that's the only device that works (I use the term works loosely since I'd expect the Kitchen light to come on when pressing Kitchen in Hs3, not the Island), every other one just doesn't respond.

Luckily I don't really have a need for this, as I just wanted it to fix my Pico remotes for Audio with an event, since by default they only control one Sonos speaker which is dumb. So was going to use HS3 instead where if I press play on the Pico it groups the speakers together and plays, but that was really my only need for it so not worth the headache.

Comment

I don't know why, the ver 95 is the old 94, do new version 96 should correct the pro hub device number.

Comment

I don't know but it's totally broken. I bought another Raspberry Pi 3, tried Raspbian and Ubuntu, then I gave up and just installed HS3 instead on my brand new gaming PC running Windows 10. It doesn't work on any of them. On my PC it just let me turn the Front Foyer light on, then it stopped responding and won't control anything else anymore. So that's 5 computers I've tried it on and it doesn't work on any of them. No idea what the issue is but this has basically been banned from our home as having something so unreliable is pissing the family off. I've basically been told to pull it all out or sleep on the couch, so just sticking to using the Caseta app and Pico remotes from now on lol.

Comment

Try to download again an if you want I can connect to you hub to see what is different with your system, sure when I did include the Ssh to be able to retrieve the device I have some issue, but now many system running without issue.

Comment

Hey Don I gave up. I even bought a brand new SmartBridge Pro, installed just 1 light on it, then installed HS3 on my work laptop which has never run it before. Plugin installs, connects to bridge, adds the bridge device and home/away scene, and that's it. You press import devices, it says importing, the log shows the name of the light, but it just never creates a device anymore. I wish it was still possible to make them manually to try that out, but ever since it changed to auto import devices it has never worked for me. I've given up on it but just an fyi.

Comment

I think I found the problem, this was happening when you didn't have any scene created in the Lutron phone apps, Machine will test the new version and as soon I got the feed back I'll post the new version.

Comment

Ver. 3.0.0.97 is online

Comment

Working...
                            X