Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the S6 Pro support Zwave without extra hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the S6 Pro support Zwave without extra hardware?

As in the title really.

Looking at pulling the trigger on an S6 Pro, the retailers websites list it as Zwave plus but Homeseers website looks like I might need to order a zwave interface (USB) separately.

I'm rather confused!

Thanks

The S6 requires an additional Z-Wave interface.
    See the requirements on this page:
    https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...nt=20335555334
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      The S6 requires an additional Z-Wave interface.
      See the requirements on this page:
      https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...nt=20335555334
      Thanks for your reply.

The UK distributor doesn't mention it at and lists it a Zwave etc

You don't happen to know if an S6 will accept an Aeon zstick?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfraser05 View Post
        Thanks for your reply.

The UK distributor doesn't mention it at and lists it a Zwave etc

You don't happen to know if an S6 will accept an Aeon zstick?

Thanks
        It will. the S6 is just a windows computer running HS3 software.

And Pro just means that your serial works on like 3 other programs and a few plugins on top of HS3.

Comment

Cheers buddy.

Yours is another name I recognised from Vera forum lol

Comment

Zwave+ inclusion of older Zwave devices

Hi, I just bought the HomeTroller S6 with the Zwave+ interface. I am able to include the newer Zwave+ devices without issue. However, I have multiple older Zwave devices (not the plus version) that I can't seem to include in my new network.

I do have an older HomeTroller running the HS2 software with the serial ZTroller interface that I would use to add the older Zwave devices. With that process I would have to bring the ZTroller close to the Zwave device to add it the ZTroller, then I would connect the ZTroller back to the HomeTroller/HS2 to add the device to the network and begin configuring and using the device.

So, the question I have is, how does the process work with the older Zwave (not the plus) devices, with respect to adding to my new Zwave+ (plus) interface? I believe that the new Zwave+ standard is backward compatible. I am just stuck at the inclusion step.

Any direction would be appreciated!

Comment

Hi Specialk,

There is nothing special that I am aware on how to add the non-plus zwave devices to S6pro.
              Are the devices you are adding non-secure?

Have you tried first to "remove" them first and then add them to your network? For some reason removing them and then addingg them seems to work for me.
              I also have the S6 pro and the ztroller.

Thanks
              Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi clafa,

Honestly, I am not sure if the devices are non-secure, I would imagine so. These are Leviton Vizia rf+ z-wave 600W light switches (VR106-1LZ). I just tried to add this with the Z-wave plus and nothing happened. Here are the steps I followed:
                1) Put the z-wave+ system into the "add device" - using the Z-tool+
                2) Pressed the paddle on the light switch

Nothing happened. This switch was not already on the older z-wave network.

Then, to confirm the switch works, I tried to add to the older network. No issue. Steps:
                1) Used Z-troller, held down the "ADD" button, held near the switch
                2) Pressed the paddle on the switch, it was immediately added to the Z-troller; I will remove it from the network before trying to re-add to the new network.

I assume you are using the SmartStick+ (USB Zwave+) interface as well? If you do not have any issues adding Zwave devices to your Zwave+ interface, perhaps my switch is just unable to 'reach' the z-wave+ interface for it to be added (interface is in the basement and switch is 1st floor - and about 30' away). It is a challenge for me to move the HomeTroller and interface to just add the switch. Maybe I'll have to find a short-term solution until I can build the new mesh network large enough with more nodes.

It's good to know that it works for you, it changes up my approach. Using the Smartstick+.

Comment

These older switches will not include from a distance so you'll want to remove the old association and bring it close to your new Z-Wave interface and add it using the add node from within the HS3 software.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Specialk,

It appears we have the same setup,

What you need to do is to "remove" "exclude", "remove" them first....and then add then and only then add them to your network.

As Rupp mentioned remove then and then add them..

Yes it seems crazy, but it seems its "normal" to remove them (even if you never add them), then add them to your network as a "non-secure".

Thanks
                    Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X