Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuation of thread from Weather station forum

Larry,

I dont think we were understanding each other in the other thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=124365

The configuration screen shipped with the version does not work. No matter what I put in the path statements, it refreshes to the defaults once I hit "submit changes". Even with the ini manually edited like I show on the other thread, when I open the ini file it shows the same paths as when shipped. So my conclusion is that the config system is broken. Couold you take a look at it?

Second, as stated in the original thread, the files are located as I stated, and they are being updated. I can view them via the paths I have in the ini file CSVPath=D:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\data\VWS and DBasePath=Z:\ .

Thirdly, I ~think the plug in is opreating properly as it is currently installed. I ~think the error being reported in the log is wrong. I ~think the value for ^1 is not being updated correctly.

Thanks for your continued help

Tom

Tom,

This plug-in is one of my oldest plug-ins and is use by at least a couple dozen people. I am positive that the problem is some sort of configuration issue local to your machine! I sent a new version 2.2.0.8 to the updater....The biggest difference is it will create a Log directory if it does not exist in HS and when debug is enabled will generate a vws.log file that you can post for me. Here again this plug-in, is in a pretty wide distribution and works perfectly, if installed correctly, and I am going to be very cautious about changing anything.

Attached is the newest ver of DLL. When the updater has ver 2.2.0.8, then this should be un-installed and the updater version installed as it will add more functionality like help file etc...
    Last edited by lpitman; June 24, 2008, 08:35 AM. Reason: hit submit too soon

Something else that just occurred to me, because of recent DST.

Make sure both computers VWS and HS are running the same exact time, it could be the date and time stamps in the csv files may be messing with you.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Station has wrong time.

The old data message I found to be a different time in the Weather Station and Computer. VWS Program has under "setting" a tab to Sync the times. It was probably set in my last computer but I just changed over to a new computer and I am having to find all the little things all over again Hi Hi....

Comment

Larry,

I'll give this a try next time I can sit down for a couple of hours.

I still question what the DBasePath=Z:\ line in the INI file does, and why the config page doesnt work.

So, for the new zip file you provided, should I edit the INI file to reflect my actual paths?

Thanks again
        Tom

Comment

Same Problem with config screen.

I found that the config screen was putting the information in the right place (right Paths) it is just that it go back to the defaults. What would be better is for it to show what is actually in the "ini" file....

Comment

Larry,

My hat is off to you! With the exception of the config screen showing defaults, the plug in is working as advertized.....

Your message about system time and the VWS.log file caused me to do some more looking... Found out that yesterday, when I did a system restore on my Hometroller, the system clock was some how set to DECEMBER 9, 2007. This was clearly indicated in the Vws.log file.

I reset Hometroller's system date to today, and EVERYTHING IS NOW WORKING.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X