This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Pete

You will recall that we had no luck with the Mono upgrade attempt recently using the JSON Import/Export function.

Since then, I have been wondering if the jump I made from 3.2.8 to 5.XXX was too big and that is why the import did not work. I was thinking of giving it another try but one step at a time, going from 3.2.8 to 4.XXX, and then using import. I saw one user mention he did not lose the triggers with this step. Anyway, I have been waiting for a new Transcend 32 GB SSD for my SEL to arrive and I was going to combine the Mono upgrade attempt with an Ubuntu 64 bit build for my SEL. I'll do the Zee S2 later. I'll let you know when I start the project Probably need your advice

That said, the second method you suggested using Windows HS3 looks intriguing. I might give this a try on my Zee S2 as it doesn't look time consuming. Knock on wood

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Yes; recalling now that you tried using the JSON Import / Export function.

Thinking that Mono 5.X is now default mono for the RPi3 and Ubuntu 16.04/16.10,

I personally like running Homeseer on the SSD a bit more than running it on the MicroSD.

You can do a quickie VM or VB of Windows 7 for that a la carte testing and export.

There was also a Rich mention of one of the Homeseer 3 builds needing at least 4.X for some reason or another. I looked for the notes to the update and could not find them.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        This package allows you to enable or disable any Homeseer plugin via a simple script call. This includes the X10 and Infra-Red Interfaces.

As always, it is available from my Homeseer site (Click on my banner below)

Please post any problems or suggestions.
        Many thanks for this plugin Jon... the Modbus plugin would not work for me without your plugin. Just the little heads up on the future, I tried out the latest beta (.383) of HS3 and the drop down list did not populate at all, so I switched back to .368. I did check the startup script and it still had the reference to your plugin and the accompanying script is still in the right place.

Comment

I did update this script when HSTouch was incorporated within HS3. Do you have the latest version installed?
          Jon

Comment

I did update this script when HSTouch was incorporated within HS3. Do you have the latest version installed?

I will try that Jon! the version I had was dated 4/25. Thanks!

That was it! the updated version works perfectly. Thanks Jon!
            Last edited by wadesready; November 18, 2017, 09:00 PM. Reason: wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
              I will try that Jon! the version I had was dated 4/25. Thanks!

That was it! the updated version works perfectly. Thanks Jon!
              I spoke too soon...the list was filled when I reboot and 1 1/2 hours later it is empty

Comment

that is what it is doing Jon. I reboot HS3, it fills the drop down. and then fails. found this error in the log.

Nov-19 12:26:56 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)

Comment

I cannot understand how the list can disappear. Like any virtual device, all the details are stored in the HS database?
                  Jon

Comment

Nov-19 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode6.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                    Nov-17 3:23:10 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode5.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                    Nov-16 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                    Nov-13 6:30:22 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode5.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                    Nov-09 6:35:04 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode6.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

What version of HS3 are you currently running? I don't keep updating to the latest betas....
                      Jon

Comment

It was doing it under 3.0.0.379. I updated it to 3.0.0.384 and it still was. I am back on .379.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

What version of HS3 are you currently running? I don't keep updating to the latest betas....
                          I running .383 Jon.

Comment

I don't understand it. Working fine here with .379

Please confirm that the 'No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)' is ticked.

If you post this in control panel immediate script command, what is the result shown in the log?

Code:
                            &hs.writelog(hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "", "settings.ini"),hs.GetIPAddress)
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
                              I running .383 Jon.
                              Just updated to .383 - still working here
                              Jon

Comment

I don't understand it. Working fine here with .379

Please confirm that the 'No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)' is ticked.

If you post this in control panel immediate script command, what is the result shown in the log?

Code:
                                &hs.writelog(hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "", "settings.ini"),hs.GetIPAddress)

Yes, hstouch and no password are ticked.

Nov-19 10:09:46 AM 8080 192.168.1.184 Nov-19 10:09:46 AM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.writelog(hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "", "settings.ini"),hs.GetIPAddress)

Comment

Working...
                                X