X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VikingBlod View Post
    Mark,

I am new to Insteon and the Hub. I do have a question. On the main plugin page I get the following. But these devices are found in the Device List, but with different IDs, is this a problem? Or did I miss a step?

Thanks Neil

You have 10 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
    These devices and groups currently consume 24 link database entries in your interface.*
    You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
    1F.62.E3 found in Hall Lower Pots
    22.E4.A4 found in Hall Lower Pots
    17.61.BB found in Kitchen Ceiling
    1F.62.E3 found in Kitchen Ceiling
    22.E5.3C found in Master Bedroom Pot Light

Currently Registered Insteon Devices
    Device Address Type Firmware Poll Inv. Protocol Comm Reliability % 1 Hop 2 Hops 3 Hops Msg Quality
    Den Cabinet 08.5C.13 SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer 27 0 i1 100% (0 failed out of 53 cmds) 91 0 0 Excellent
    Den Ceiling 08.5D.C7 SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer 27 0 i1 100% (0 failed out of 56 cmds) 121 0 0 Excellent
    Den Fan 05.62.46 SwitchLinc V2 Relay 28 0 i1 98% (1 failed out of 42 cmds) 43 0 0 Excellent
    Dining Room Ceiling 1A.4A.D7 SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer 40 0 i2 83% (4 failed out of 24 cmds) 113 2 1 Excellent
    Dining Room Pot Lights 1A.4C.79 SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer 40 0 i2 61% (11 failed out of 28 cmds) 40 2 0 Excellent
    Hall Lower Pots 22.E4.C3 Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 41 0 i2CS 79% (6 failed out of 29 cmds) 27 14 2 Good
    Kitchen Ceiling 22.DB.EA Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 41 0 i2CS (Not enough data) 102 2 2 Excellent
    Master Bedroom Fan 05.6C.7E SwitchLinc V2 Relay 28 0 i1 100% (0 failed out of 52 cmds) 22 30 0 Good
    Master Bedroom Pot Light 22.DE.52 Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 41 0 i2CS 92% (2 failed out of 26 cmds) 121 12 2 Excellent
    Master Bedroom Table 22.DC.9A Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 41 0 i2CS 72% (8 failed out of 29 cmds) 53 16 10 Good
    Neil,

nothing is wrong, the list is just report IDs that are not registered. For example, 1F.62.E3 is in the link database of the Hall Lower Pots device.

They may be left over links from SH's testing, or maybe you have these devices manually linked to another device that is not registered in the plugin. or maybe an old PLM id.

you may ignore this info or remove the links if not needed. hope this helps

1F.62.E3 found in Hall Lower Pots
    22.E4.A4 found in Hall Lower Pots
    17.61.BB found in Kitchen Ceiling
    1F.62.E3 found in Kitchen Ceiling
    22.E5.3C found in Master Bedroom Pot Light
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

I am converting several of my ZWAVE over to Insteon and following the threads to learn... one of the thing I noticed in the last post was the number of failed messages

Device Address Type Firmware Poll Inv. Protocol Comm Reliability % 1 Hop 2 Hops 3 Hops Msg Quality
      Den Cabinet 08.5C.13 SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer 27 0 i1 100% (0 failed out of 53 cmds) 91 0 0 Excellent
      Den Ceiling 08.5D.C7 SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer 27 0 i1 100% (0 failed out of 56 cmds) 121 0 0 Excellent
      Den Fan 05.62.46 SwitchLinc V2 Relay 28 0 i1 98% (1 failed out of 42 cmds) 43 0 0 Excellent
      Dining Room Ceiling 1A.4A.D7 SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer 40 0 i2 83% (4 failed out of 24 cmds) 113 2 1 Excellent
      Dining Room Pot Lights 1A.4C.79 SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer 40 0 i2 61% (11 failed out of 28 cmds) 40 2 0 Excellent
      Hall Lower Pots 22.E4.C3 Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 41 0 i2CS 79% (6 failed out of 29 cmds) 27 14 2 Good
      Kitchen Ceiling 22.DB.EA Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 41 0 i2CS (Not enough data) 102 2 2 Excellent
      Master Bedroom Fan 05.6C.7E SwitchLinc V2 Relay 28 0 i1 100% (0 failed out of 52 cmds) 22 30 0 Good
      Master Bedroom Pot Light 22.DE.52 Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 41 0 i2CS 92% (2 failed out of 26 cmds) 121 12 2 Excellent
      Master Bedroom Table 22.DC.9A Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer 41 0 i2CS 72% (8 failed out of 29 cmds) 53 16 10 Good
      I get kinda jumpy when I see anything less then 100%... am I over reacting or is having some failed messages an ok thing?

Thank you,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
        Mark,

I am converting several of my ZWAVE over to Insteon and following the threads to learn... one of the thing I noticed in the last post was the number of failed messages

I get kinda jumpy when I see anything less then 100%... am I over reacting or is having some failed messages an ok thing?

Thank you,

Chris
        Chris,

Nothing to worry about. A few failed messages is to be expected. Insteon is a broadcast protocol, so collisions are going to occur. That's why we have retries.

As long as your lights are responding (in a timely way) to HS everything is fine.

if at some point devices aren't responding, then you can investigate the cause; which is usually powerline noise or even RF interference around the 900mhz band (insteon rf uses 915mhz to be specific).

my percentages are in the 95 to 99% range but i have a few well below that and they still work just fine.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gklimo View Post
          It appears the credentials needed to locally access the updated version of the INSTEON Hub are as follows. Simply substitute the information provided below as applicable to your specific environment.

http://192.168.1.105:25105User Name: adminPassword: 1EA102In mycase, the updated version of the INSTEON Hub 2242‑222 is assigned the static IP address listed and uses the default port shown.

The hub device ID is 1E.A1.02, which makes the admin password 1EA102.

These credentials are completely different than my INSTEON Hub cloud account and as stated by others, were apparently automatically created when I accessed via the mobile app.

Once successfully accessed locally and logged in (without using connect.insteon.com), the following information is returned.

INSTEON Hub Details
          Alert 2.6 YF
          PLM:9C
          Firmware:4.8A Build Feb 08 2013
          ID:1E.A1.02

For device control visit connect.insteon.com
          User Manual
          Technical Support

Hopefully this information helps the release of a new plugin version that works with the updated version.

Great information, thanks for the update. I looked everywhere on the web for that local password, never found anything. I called Smarthome and apparently the rep I got did not know either, this version of the hub being so new and all.
          Billy

Comment

Cannot load driver for Insteon Hub 2242-522

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            All,

I got one of these (see link below) and am working on adding support for it as a network enabled PLM. So basically the plugin will be able to communicate with the hub via the network to send and receive plm cmds.

http://www.smarthome.com/2242-222/INSTEON-Hub/p.aspx

The advantage is you will be able to locate this hub anywhere on your network. No more serial or usb cable

Anyone thinking of getting one of these?

P.S. the hub has an entirely separate UI for creating groups/scenes that you can control via a smartphone or the like. Not sure I can support all that since this is all avail via hs already.
            Hi All,

I'm very new to Insteon and HomeSeer and currently have HomeSeer2 Pro trial installed. I have enabled the Insteon driver however, I cannot get it to work with the Insteon PLM Hub 2242-522 controller.

I have tried upgrading the driver to 1.9.xx however, in HomeSeer it still advises only v1.7.xx is running despite me copying the files in to the /config directory as advised.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric C View Post
              Hi All,

I'm very new to Insteon and HomeSeer and currently have HomeSeer2 Pro trial installed. I have enabled the Insteon driver however, I cannot get it to work with the Insteon PLM Hub 2242-522 controller.

I have tried upgrading the driver to 1.9.xx however, in HomeSeer it still advises only v1.7.xx is running despite me copying the files in to the /config directory as advised.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
              Eric,
              Welcome to Homeseer and Insteon.

The plugin DLLs go into the homeseer root directory. Only the license file (.lf) goes into the config folder.

make sure to remove any dlls you installed in the config folder so as not to create confusion later.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All,
                Wanted to post a little info based on my brief experience with the New Hub.

My hub did not have a default username/password; ie they were blank. thus i could access the hub with the existing plugin as-is.

http://{hub local ip}:25105/network.htm gets you to the network config page.

I was able to access this page, and set a username/pswd without using the iphone app or even the connect.insteon.com website.

So i added username/pswd support to the plugin and it seems to work just fine. I also tested invalid credentials and got the following useful msg:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Are there any other issues related to the new hub?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hub v2 name and password

mark, does the plugin support the new version of the hub that has a hub user name and password?

thanks

sjw

Comment

Originally posted by stevewinick View Post
                    mark, does the plugin support the new version of the hub that has a hub user name and password?

thanks

sjw
                    Not yet, but it will. I got the new hub this week and an almost finished with the changes. I should be able to post something later this weekend.

Note: you call still use the current plugin if you remove the username/pswd from the hub for now.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

thanks, mark

I was unable to remove the user name/password. the iphone app didn't permit it.

is there another way to do it?

sjw

Comment

thanks, mark

I was unable to remove the user name/password. the iphone app didn't permit it.

is there another way to do it?

sjw
                        Access the following local URL on the hub
                        /network.htm
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          All,
                          Wanted to post a little info based on my brief experience with the New Hub.

My hub did not have a default username/password; ie they were blank. thus i could access the hub with the existing plugin as-is.

http://{hub local ip}:25105/network.htm gets you to the network config page.

I was able to access this page, and set a username/pswd without using the iphone app or even the connect.insteon.com website.

So i added username/pswd support to the plugin and it seems to work just fine. I also tested invalid credentials and got the following useful msg:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Are there any other issues related to the new hub?

My experince with the new hub... Mark my hub showed up out of the box with no username/password. It was not until I interfaced it with the Smarthome cloud and the Android app that a username/password was placed on the device. Then came my confusion, because I was unable to access the device locally (URL) without a username/password. I could see in the Smarthome phone app that the username was admin, but had no idea what the password was... I tried the password I used for setting up the cloud account but that was no good... gklimo posted in a prior post that the device id of the hub is the password that gets set on the device...
                          Billy

Comment

Resetting the hub also eliminates the authentication

Comment

/network did the job. cleared authentication and the hub is now running with homeseer.

"swap" didn't quite work. downloaded everything to the hub, but didn't remove the old interface from any devices. guess there is no harm in leaving that alone for now. it just shows up as an unregistered controller but everything in homeseer still works with the new hub

seems like homeseer control via the hub is slower than my USB PLM was. is that expected?

is the plug-in interface for homeseer independent from the web and iphone interface? should I be expecting that devices set up under homeseer will appear on the web interface, or does that have to be set up separately in parallel?

thanks again

sjw

Comment

/network did the job. cleared authentication and the hub is now running with homeseer.

"swap" didn't quite work. downloaded everything to the hub, but didn't remove the old interface from any devices. guess there is no harm in leaving that alone for now. it just shows up as an unregistered controller but everything in homeseer still works with the new hub

seems like homeseer control via the hub is slower than my USB PLM was. is that expected?

is the plug-in interface for homeseer independent from the web and iphone interface? should I be expecting that devices set up under homeseer will appear on the web interface, or does that have to be set up separately in parallel?

thanks again

sjw
                                Steve,
                                not sure why the swap didn't work the first time, but you can always run it again, no harm.

i would deleted the old/unneeded links from the devices.

sending cmds to the insteon network via the hub isn't slower from my experience. But receiving cmds from the network can be. The plugin has to poll the hub every second to check for new inbound cmds so you might see events based on kpl btns respond a tad (1/2 sec) slower.

the plugin is independent from the web/iphone. a parallel setup is required.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X