Full desktop on your Zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full desktop on your Zee

Just an FYI for those of you who want to experiment with your Zee.

There is a desktop available, just login with SSH then type "startx".

This will start the desktop where you can do more with your Zee. There is an advanced wifi config app as well as a file manager. It supports accessing Windows shares also.

We don't recommend running the desktop continously while HS3 is running as you may run low on memory. Just exit the desktop when you are done.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I'm guessing you have to hook up an HDMI monitor and keyboard. I tried "startx" in a Putty session and did not get a GUI.

Comment

Putty is text only, startx starts XWindows which uses graphics so you do need an HDMI monitor attached to view.

Originally posted by ebyars View Post
      I'm guessing you have to hook up an HDMI monitor and keyboard. I tried "startx" in a Putty session and did not get a GUI.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Can MobaXterm be substituted for putty + attached monitor? MobaXterm has a built in X server.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Putty is text only, startx starts XWindows which uses graphics so you do need an HDMI monitor attached to view.
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Hi.

I've not tried MobaXterm. However I had a quick look at the spec and It looks like it should work perfectly well with Zee.

Comment

MobaXterm connecting to the ZEE S2

Originally posted by Phill View Post
            Hi.

I've not tried MobaXterm. However I had a quick look at the spec and It looks like it should work perfectly well with Zee.
            Was it confirmed if the xserver would work on the ZEE?

If yes, then would it work on the ZEE S2? That would be very convenient.

A quick set of instructions would be appreciated for the Windows guys here.

Comment

Rich
              When I enter startx I get "Fatal: Module g2d_23 not found' AND no GUI. I am using MobaXterm.

Thanks Chuck

Comment

Works here. Very nice program. I just tried the portable version.

Personally do not use the x-windows RPI2 GUI with the RPi2.

I have never used the RPi2 Zee-2 in xwindows mode.

I configured a session and used root to access my RPi2.

I get the same error if I type startx.

Once in typed lxsession and a large GUI opened up 1900X1200 with the RPi2 desktop on one of my monitors.

I use three monitors today but would tweak down the desktop to something easier to look at if I were to use this program.

Try typing in lxsession rather than startx to see the gui...it worked for me.
                Last edited by Pete; July 29, 2015, 02:50 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X