Basic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic question

I've just installed two Ecobee3 tstats and am working on understanding how they interact with the plug-in, so please bear with some very basic questions.
    1. I would like HS to control the tstat set points. I assume I do that by changing the device values for the high and low limits. Is that correct?
    2. If I set the preferences to maintain my selected temperature until I change it again, is that all I need to do?
    3. I assume I can just ignore the home/away/sleep "schedules" programmed into the thermostat. Is that correct? Is there anything else that I need to consider?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

1. correct
    2. yes
    3. If the "Hold Action For" setting is set to "Until I change it", then when you change the setpoint from HS it actually creates a "temperature hold", that will last until you change it again or until you cancel it. So yes your scheduled programs will be ignored.
    https://www.ecobee.com/faq/how-do-i-...-hold-setting/

Comment

Great. Thanks for the quick response.

This looks like it will be easier than it appeared at first - if I can just avoid making a change on the thermostat that gets me into trouble and I don't realize what I've done.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Similar issue

I set an event for at x time set to y temp. I set it as a high of 70. Nothing happened I set events for HVAC on times. What did I do wrong
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Here's one of my events (set to 'Up at Home' mode).
          Do you have the thermostats set to Hold temperature until you change it?
          Attached Files

Comment

still experimenting
            i want to trigger vs HS not have the Ecobee do its own thing.
            is that not taking advantage of the system?
            we like setting by time schedule.
            thanks for the pointers on the low for heat and high for cool setting.
            should i add "hold until i change" instruction in my events also?
            HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
              still experimenting
              i want to trigger vs HS not have the Ecobee do its own thing.
              That's my philosophy too.

should i add "hold until i change" instruction in my events also?
              I found that if I set it on the thermostats there was no need to reset it again. It really seems to be treated like how I would expect "until you change it" to mean.

Comment

Working...
              X