Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Hub (Not Pro version)

Don,

I just purchased and installed a Lutron Caseta starter Kit from Amazon. Great product at a great price. It was one of Amazon's featured deals during the holidays. They probably sold a lot of them.

Unfortunately, it has the original hub, not the pro version.

I know your plugin is for the pro version hub. But I thought I would try to see if the plugin would partially work; I could not get it to connect to the hub.

Do you have a version of the plugin that works with the original Lutron Caseta hub? I only need to control my Lutron dimmer switches. If an older version works, I would buy it.

I think the Lutron Caseta switches are going to be very popular in the US. Most of them are using the old hub!

Thanks,
    Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Steve

The non pro don't give access to the telnet, I'm looking to connect with the SSH, can't tell you when this will append.

Also if that append it won't be sure Luton won't change the key and the plug in will stop working with the SSH.

Comment

Don, thanks for the reply. I have been doing a little research about using the original Lutron Caseta hub. Here is a reference to a program for SmartThings that I think uses SSH to talk to the old Lutron Hub.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/...berry-pi/60064

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Don, the IFTTT app can control the Lutron Caseta original Hub. So we know it can be done. I doubt that Lutron will do anything to destroy this because a lot of people are using IFTTT.

Steve Q

Comment

Second non pro also...

Comment

I'll work on it but can take time, I'm busy at work and missing some

Hopefully in a month or two

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for working on this.

Steve Q

Comment

Donmor, Any progress on the original hub plugin? I really like the Lutron switches and would like to add more.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm getting close, but be award that you will be able to simulate the Pico with hs but the non pro won't get info when you push the Pico button, so you won't be able to use a Pico to control other device. Non pro don't give me the feedback when you press the Pico

Comment

Thanks for the update. I mostly need on/off. I would continue to use the pico to dim.

Thanks for working on this. I would be glad to do some beta testing.

Steve Q

Comment

I'm just looking at picking up a lutron smart bridge as well, but how do you know which one is the pro and which one isnt?

Starter kits at home depot and bestbuy don't seem to specify?

For example, this?
                      http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-Ca...KG1W/205582770

Comment

You can't find the pro in the retails BDGPRO

Amazon.ca
                        https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00Z8AXQCQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491060273&sr=8-1-spell&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=smartbridge+pro

Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bdgpro2&sprefix=Bdgpro%2Caps%2C137&crid=3Q7ZU4CBV77 M6&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abdgpro2

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                          Balls! That's what I thought.

I ended up grabbing the non pro version, just to see if I like the lutron stuff (I'll be switching over from zwave).

Is there a trial version of this plugin?

Comment

For the non pro the update should be one line in a week or two, and yes a 30 days trial is available, don't install now the trial start when you download or activate I'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                              For the non pro the update should be one line in a week or two, and yes a 30 days trial is available, don't install now the trial start when you download or activate I'm not sure
                              I'll do as you suggest and wait, or Ill just give in and pickup an additional hub. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X