No announcement yet.

Doesn't work pls fix I'm a buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attachment won't upload maybe too large.
    will do it again by deleting the old large file and create a new one.

Comment

attached. Also Noticed this error message on the screen

The following validation error has occurred:
      Master Control number (1) already exists in the plug-in!
      Attached Files

Comment

OK I will have a look - should be an easy fix once I see it in the log
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
          Hi Blade,

Thanks for the quick response. There is progress as far as BLRadioRA will allow me to select random numbers now, however major problems still stay.

1. Will NOT allow same numbers for S1 and S2. This is a major problem. For example I have MC 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in S1 and MC 1,2,3,4,5,6 in S2. BLRadioRA won't let me enter MC1 of S2 after I entered MC1 of S1.

2. No MC number changes allowed in "edit". This is not a big deal.

3. The main display does not show system affiliation S1/S2 for each MC. I think this is important and related to 1. above. Once you fix 1. above than the main display will have two 1s two 2s two 3s etc. one for each S1 and S2. This will be confusing.

Thanks,

RISquare
          Thanks. Please do not forget item 3. as well.

RISquare

Comment

Can you explain #3 a little more - maybe show me in a screenshot what is wrong
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              Can you explain #3 a little more - maybe show me in a screenshot what is wrong
              I can't show you anything now about 3. until 1. is fixed. Once 1. is fixed than you will see two MC1, two MC2, etc. You need to show their S1/S2 affiliation in order to distinguish between them

Example

Now.

MC1 Family room
              MC1 Master bath

To be.

MC1 S1 Family Room
              MC1 S2 Master bath

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Try 2.0.16 and let me know
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

It does work now. The pendulum swung to the other direction. There is no validation now whatsoever which allows me to enter two MC1s both in S1. This shouldn't be allowed in a perfect world but it doesn't bother me much as this is one time activity to configure the system and I can be extra careful.

Also the HS3 devices that are created and/or deleted in the process of creating/deleting MCs have two issues (none is critical).

1. Some mess is created when updating the plug-in from one version to another. Some devices are missing others do not delete. However it is all streamlined after manual intervention/clean up. This is happening during a transition (update) only and hard to be reproduced.

2. All HS3 devices created are "read only" devices. I can't change their status /value from the web page control nor can I change their status/value by event action. It doesn't bother me as they are for a trigger purpose only and their value/status is supposed to change by a press of a button at associated MC, which they do. Just curious is this a bug or a feature?

Best regards,

RISquare

Comment

As far as the upgraded plug-in (S1/S2) can serve twice as many zones and controls as the original version, may I suggest that you promote it to a major upgrade going to version 3.xx.xx.x if there are not other restrictions that I don't know about.

RISquare

Comment

Another snag

Oooops just hit another snag. Hit upper limit of 12 MC and no more are allowed.
                      This is reasonable when you had S1 only. Now that you manage S1 and S2 this allowance has to double to 24.
                      In my case I do have 7 (S1) + 10 (S2) = 17

Pls fix.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Try 3.0.1
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

It is taken care of now.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

...polishing the plug-in

Hi Blade,

These do not affect functionality however fixing them will make the plug-in more polished and mature.

1. BLRadioRA creates 17 devices for each master control (MC)assuming that the MC has the max number of 15 buttons plus "all off" and "all on" buttons. In reality most MC are 5 buttons (single gang box) or rarely 10 buttons (double gang box) while 15 buttons are extremely rare. In my case I do have about 18 MCs most are 5 buttons. BLRadioRA created the whopping amount of 18x17=306 devices whereas the total of real devices is just 18x7=126.
                            It would be nice if the UI allows the user to set up the number of buttons each MC has.

2. There are "ON" and "OFF" buttons on the web page for each of the MC devices (see above). Those are not functioning as there is no RadioRA command available to emulate MC button press. (There is BP command for the phantom buttons, but not for the real physical buttons).
                            Removing those buttons from the web page would be nice although I'm suspicious that it is part of HS3 not part of the plug-in, unless the plug-in can create special devices for status only that are not controllable.

Cheers,

RUSquare

Comment

BLRadioRA displays wrong zone names.

Hi Blade,

BLRadioRA 3.0.1 displays wrong zone names in the collapsed view of events.
                              See attached screenshots. The names are correct in the expanded view and the action is correct for these zones. However the names are changed in the collapsed view creating a lot of confusion.
                              I did investigate the problem and found out that the problem is related to zones in S2. If a zone is in S2 than you display the respective zone name from S1.
                              I think this should be an easy fix.

This is a real problem that needs fixing.

Thanks,

RISquare
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by risquare; December 10, 2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

OK - I will have to take a look at this once I am home
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X