XML Unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XML Unresponsive

Every 6 mos or so I realize the Weather XML plugin isn't working. The wife always points it out though. Apparently this time it stopped on the 12/16. I look at it, and just assume it's correct. I need to include some type of error checking that if the data is over 2 days old, an E or something is displayed. I use Devices by the way. Maybe I need to move to rss feeds? But anyways, back to the issue at hand, how do I fix it? I've restarted HS, I've just restarted and reinstalled WeatherXML, and neither actions corrected the issue. The last time I had this occur, I reinstalled XML, and the setting box was the only entry available, and I edited my location to somewhere else, and changed it back to my location, and some kind of download happened, and it was off running again. This time i'm not seeing anything like that. In the Homeseer Data files, under WeatherXML, I see a few files with last update was on the 16th, and a couple of other files that haven't been updated since october, and august, screenshot attached. I assume I need to delete something.
    Also, if I go into settings>Locations, I get this error message: "Locations Settings Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array."
    I saw a different thread on that error, and I enabled debugging and get this error on the locations tab: I also went into the Config directory, and the WeatherInfo ini file is blank. I guess I need to delete that and let the backup do it's thing. I guess, but I'll wait on taking action on that lol. I mean, it that guess hasn't even graduated to an assumption yet.
    Dec-29 11:12:10 PM weatherXML page: weatherXML_loc, data: &id=menuTopLocations&menuTopLocations=Submit
    Dec-29 11:12:06 PM weatherXML page: weatherXML_loc, data: &id=menuTopLocations&menuTopLocations=Submit
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tome10; December 30, 2017, 12:25 AM.

Well I deleted the ini files, but that didn't work. I uninstalled the plugin (Which I already did that before posting this original post. Anyways, I think I have it set up correctly, but I don't think it has the right location as there's a bunch of negative numbers. I'm really not feeling the device thing there's a lot of stuff in there I don't use anyways. How do you set up to use RSS? Any ideas on why I have a lot of negative numbers? There's a link in the setup where you click on the location and it opens a map of your location. That worked.. So the Coordinates are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
      Well I deleted the ini files, but that didn't work. I uninstalled the plugin (Which I already did that before posting this original post. Anyways, I think I have it set up correctly, but I don't think it has the right location as there's a bunch of negative numbers. I'm really not feeling the device thing there's a lot of stuff in there I don't use anyways. How do you set up to use RSS? Any ideas on why I have a lot of negative numbers? There's a link in the setup where you click on the location and it opens a map of your location. That worked.. So the Coordinates are correct.

The link in setup does not open a map based on the values you have setup for lat and lon. It opens a map so that you can find your location and get the values for your lat and lon.
      What values do you have setup for lat and lon in the HS settings?
      What values do you have setup for lat and lon in weatherXML?
      If you go to google maps and find your location, what does it show form lat and lon?
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ok, I have it working again. Indeed, if I would have tapped a couple of times on the map it would have plotted a location. Originally, a map showed up with my general area displayed, so I thought it was working correctly because it was very close to my actual location. I mean, maybe if a map of 'Boston' showed up, I'd know I needed to do something else.
        So anyways, the problem was I copy and pasted the coordinates from the Homeseer setup page. When you set it up, you 'Select' your city from a dropdown, and that populates the Coordinates, and the Longitude Coordinates oddly do not have a (-) Negative in front. So I'm guessing I was getting readings from Tibet or somewhere. The absence of the (-) Negative never seemed to bother HS, so I assume it's hardcoded in somewhere. I used the coordinates that showed up when I used the map, in both HS, and XML, so we'll see what happens.

Comment

When I purchased HS in 1998 version 1, the company was just getting started. I suspect that since the market at the time was the US, that the - sign was left off.
          So now, when you set up HS, the Lon leaves the - sign off.
          For weatherXML, I chose to use the actual value so it would be easy to look up your lat and lon and not have to make it different than the real value.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
          X