Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Plug-in and Stereo Pairs

Hello,

I just purchased several Sonos Play 1's and have them configured in a stereo pair. Is there an option to have the plug-in recognize a stereo pair and only display the pair once within the plug-in?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Hello,

I just purchased several Sonos Play 1's and have them configured in a stereo pair. Is there an option to have the plug-in recognize a stereo pair and only display the pair once within the plug-in?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    I think the answer is "maybe". The PI knows really well that this is a stereo pair because the left player is the master player and the right player is slave and will refuse most commands.

What is it that you had in mind? An example perhaps? If you have commands and events, you do not have to send them to both players, you do not need to add both to the linkgroup etc.

If you had in mind that the PI would "remove" one player each time you pair them and add again when you unpair them, I can see a bunch of potential issues with that (starting w/ new HS references each time that happens) which mess up events etc if you were to briefly or by mistake pair them.

Does this help?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Yes, thank you for the explanation. My Sonos stereo pairs won't ever be unpaired, so I may just end up hiding the slave player controls. Was just looking to reduce unnecessary updates to HS devices that I won't ever use.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
      X