Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use Scene 002 Key Held Down and not kill the local load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use Scene 002 Key Held Down and not kill the local load?

Cross posting as the other thread here has no responses.

Hi All,

Is there a way to utilize Scene 002 Key Held Down with a HS-WS100+ without the relay turning off the local load?

As to why...

I put a couple Philips Hue bulbs into a ceiling fan. The bulbs' on/off status are controlled by a HS-WS100+ switch. To dim/brighten the bulbs I'm attempting to use the JowiHue plug-in to basically mimic what a HS-WD100+ would do since I can't use a traditional dimmer with these bulbs, and I don't like the look of the Hue compatible dimmers.

I have events setup such that...

Scene 001 Key Held Down sets the value of a virtual device, which then triggers a recurring event every 1 second to increase bulb brightness by a certain amount.

Scene 002 Key Held Down sets a different value for the same virtual device, which then triggers a different recurring event every 1 second to decrease bulb brightness by a certain amount.

Releasing the switch paddle from either direction sets the virtual device to a "neutral" state, which also stops the currently running recurring event as it no longer meets its "AND IF" condition.

The Scene 001 Key Held Down routine works beautifully. If I dim the Hue bulbs through the phone app as a starting point, then hold the up paddle on the switch it brightens as desired.

However, the Scene 002 Key Held Down routine doesn't work. Holding the down paddle just turns off the load never allowing the recurring event to dim the bulb.

Am I overlooking something that should be obvious, or is there no way to utilize Scene 002 Key Held Down without also turning off the local load?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Log, 4th line from the bottom you see where the load is turned off...

Code:
    Sep-17 11:51:19 PM	 	Device Control	Device: Utility Family vD - Family Room Ceiling Light to Paddle Neutral (100)
    Sep-17 11:51:19 PM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Test Group Family Paddle Held set vD - Released"
    Sep-17 11:51:19 PM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Utility Family Family Room Ceiling Light - CS Set to 2001
    Sep-17 11:51:19 PM	 	Info	Running immediate script: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Temp\K1.vb
    Sep-17 11:51:19 PM	 	Event	Running script statement immediately: &nhs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "DecreaseLights",{True, "Family Room", True, False, False})
    Sep-17 11:51:19 PM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Test Group Family Room Auto Dim"
    Sep-17 11:51:18 PM	 	Info	Running immediate script: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Temp\K1.vb
    Sep-17 11:51:18 PM	 	Event	Running script statement immediately: &nhs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "DecreaseLights",{True, "Family Room", True, False, False})
    Sep-17 11:51:18 PM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Test Group Family Room Auto Dim"
    Sep-17 11:51:17 PM	 	Z-Wave	Device: 1st Family Light - Ceiling Set to OFF
    Sep-17 11:51:17 PM	 	Device Control	Device: Utility Family vD - Family Room Ceiling Light to Paddle Down Held (200)
    Sep-17 11:51:17 PM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Test Group Family Paddle Held set vD - Down"
    Sep-17 11:51:17 PM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Utility Family Family Room Ceiling Light - CS Set to 2002

As far as I know it is the normal behavior for a press and hold and single tap to control the load. Double and triple taps do not. I don't think that it can be changed by a parameter.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      As far as I know it is the normal behavior for a press and hold and single tap to control the load. Double and triple taps do not. I don't think that it can be changed by a parameter.
      Bummer. I did try double-tap down, and it dims a bit with each execution... just not as clean feeling as holding it down.

Comment

Maybe try slowing down your local ramp rate?

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
          Maybe try slowing down your local ramp rate?
          The OP was asking about a HS-WS100+ - no ramp rate on a switch.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X