Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Startup never ends when AB8SS plugin is enabled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startup never ends when AB8SS plugin is enabled.

Hey guys, real annoying problem when comes time to reboot pc here.
    It takes about 30 mins for HS to finish it's startup when Ab8SS plugin is enabled.

I currently use the latest version of the plugin and HS has been doing that trough many HS updates so problem is not HS related.

The major glitch with this issue is that nothing works until it is finished.
    Here is where the loading stops :
    ( I see motion events but Z-wave or web server not initailizing until AB8SS load finishes and HS auto-minimizes itself.)

---> Then only motion reports for 15-30 mins.
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/01/2010 5:59:51 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>AB8SS Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>COM8: Opened Successfully.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>12/01/2010 5:59:51 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>AB8SS Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>ComPort is Initializing....</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/01/2010 5:59:51 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>Plug-In </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Initializing Plug-in: AB8SS on COM port 8</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>12/01/2010 5:59:51 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>AB8SS Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>RegisterCallback Completed...</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/01/2010 5:59:51 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>AB8SS Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Application path: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anyone can help me fix this lag on the plugin or simply put this one loading last service ?

Thx !

Do you have another PC/server to try only that plugin on to make sure it's this plugin?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

ab8ss

No but turning off the plugin in the interface page makes this problem go away and it locks up @ the exact line where the plugin initializes the com port.

I have no other problem with any plugin on this same server.

Comment

Is the hardware connected directly to an onboard com port or a USB to serial device.

Comment

ab8ss

It is in deed connected to a USB com port adapter but I cannot change port since onboard already used, I have checked sleep options and everything is deactivated...

Any suggestion ?

Thx guys !

Comment

Can you at least try the onboard serial port and see if the plugin exhibits the same behavior.

Comment

Working...
            X