HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decorsus,

First off Merry Christmas! Thanks for a great plugin. I seem to be having a little issue. I have a lot of announcements that may play back to back (sometimes). I noticed that if they hit back to back (1 to 2 seconds apart) the linking/unlinking messes up. It starts to group things randomly. If I wait 4 or more seconds then everything is fine (linking/unlinking). The speaker proxy does not seem to be queuing. After the first announcement it tries to unlink immediately and then relink to make the second announcement. Its this normal? I can reproduce these actions every time using the SONOS program to watch the link process while running the event manually.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
      decorsus,

First off Merry Christmas! Thanks for a great plugin. I seem to be having a little issue. I have a lot of announcements that may play back to back (sometimes). I noticed that if they hit back to back (1 to 2 seconds apart) the linking/unlinking messes up. It starts to group things randomly. If I wait 4 or more seconds then everything is fine (linking/unlinking). The speaker proxy does not seem to be queuing. After the first announcement it tries to unlink immediately and then relink to make the second announcement. Its this normal? I can reproduce these actions every time using the SONOS program to watch the link process while running the event manually.

Thanks
      Can you describe the back-2-back announcements. Are they for the same linkgroup, different linkgroups, different sources?

Maybe some screenshots of linkgroups and events/actions

Dirk

Comment

Okay I'll try my best with the screenshots.

1) The 1st screenshot is the starting point at which everything is normal.
        2) When an event occurs and announces "The front door is open" the second screenshot occurs (everything is fine at this point)
        3) It then returns back to screenshot 1 if no other announcement occurs within 4 or more seconds.
        4) If you have two announcements "The front door is open", "The front door is closed" one right after the other, it goes from screenshot 1 to 2 back to 1 and then to 3.

No parameters change between these two announcements. Does this help?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sean Willoughby; December 12, 2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

2) When an event occurs and announces "The front door is open" the second screenshot occurs (everything is fine at this point)
          3) It then returns back to screenshot 1 if no other announcement occurs within 4 or more seconds.
          4) If you have two announcements "The front door is open", "The front door is closed" one right after the other, it goes from screenshot 1 to 2 back to 1 and then to 3.

Nothing parameter change between these two announcements. Does this help?
          OK, I think I got it. I have the impression that we have some sort of a race condition, where the new announcement, exactly comes in, when the old announcement is ungrouping and the snapshot taken to store the grouping configuration for the new announcement, is half an ungrouped old announcement. I need to look at the code again, I thought I had a protection for that so either you are the first one to run into this exact timing thing ... or... more likely, I broke something in my HS3 version.

Just to confirm, the "front door is open" and "front door is closed" announcements are for the same linkgroup, correct? That was actually the screenshots I was looking for (how the events are set up).

I'll get back but if you could provide more color on the event/action set-up that would be great.

Dirk

Comment

You are correct. I attached a snapshot of my events. I tried both "wait for speech to finish" options as well. Let me know if you need anything. I will be more than glad to help out.

Attached Files

Comment

You are correct. I attached a snapshot of my events. I tried both "wait for speech to finish" options as well. Let me know if you need anything. I will be more than glad to help out.

OK this pretty much confirms I'm having a re-entry problem. I'll try, most likely over the weekend to recreate.
              By the way, the wait for announcement to finish doesn't affect anything (anymore). I'll let you know if I can't recreate the problem and need your help to log things on your system. For time being, chill, and ask everyone to open and close the door slower

Dirk

Comment

LOL! Thanks Dirk! I will let the 5 Year old and the two teen age girls know that! They always seem to be in a rush to get to the doors. Especially when they think their boyfriend are here. Now if I can only automated keeping the boys away......

Comment

Just in case anyone else runs in to this issue, I was having the plugin crash on launch each time. It seems that it requires SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host to be able to be started. On Server 2012 R2, it's disabled by default. Setting them to manual start let the plugin launch with no issues.
                  Code:
                  Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Creating an in
                  stance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} fr
                  om the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422 The service can
                  not be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devic
                  es associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422).
                     at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOn
                  ly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Bo
                  olean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
                     at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipChec
                  kThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                     at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean s
                  kipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
                     at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
                     at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
                     at HSPI_Sonos.HSPI..ctor()
                     at HSPI_Sonos.Main.Main()

Comment

No parameters change between these two announcements. Does this help?
                    Sean, I've been trying to recreate this but I can't. I believe you can create this pretty easily. Could you turn the Sonos PI's debug flag on, recreate it and email me the HomeSeerLog.hsd file (you may need to zip it). Let me know which players remained linked after the announcement so I know what to go look for.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                      Sean, I've been trying to recreate this but I can't. I believe you can create this pretty easily. Could you turn the Sonos PI's debug flag on, recreate it and email me the HomeSeerLog.hsd file (you may need to zip it). Let me know which players remained linked after the announcement so I know what to go look for.

Dirk
                      Never mind, just noted you are use the "audio Input", when I did that I was able to recreate. Any reason you use the "audio Input" option? Uncheck it and try again.

Dirk

Comment

I am using Audio Input because I have the output of the HS3 Box going into a ZP90. Is this not a correct way of doing things? I am new to this plug-in and tried to configure things based on what research I have done. I may have mis-understood how to set this up correctly. Do you have any guidance? Thanks for all your help already!

Comment

I am using Audio Input because I have the output of the HS3 Box going into a ZP90. Is this not a correct way of doing things? I am new to this plug-in and tried to configure things based on what research I have done. I may have mis-understood how to set this up correctly. Do you have any guidance? Thanks for all your help already!
                          The audio input is there for compatibility with first versions of the PI. At this point I can actually not think of a single reason why I would leave it in. So today, for TTS, there is no need to position a zoneplayer close to the HS box and connect them. Just un-click the "audio input" from the linkgroups and disconnect the cable and use the player anywhere you want in the house.

If you use the linkgroups to link players (and not to play announcements), you can always use Sonos Action to source music from the audio input.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Okay. Now I am lost. I did just as you said in the previous post. However, nothing plays for an announcement. I can see that it will group (even say HomeSeer Announcemnt, Dirk Corsus) but it just sit there for 30 seconds or so then ungroups. Am I missing something?

Comment

Dirk,

Okay. Now I am lost. I did just as you said in the previous post. However, nothing plays for an announcement. I can see that it will group (even say HomeSeer Announcemnt, Dirk Corsus) but it just sit there for 30 seconds or so then ungroups. Am I missing something?
                              It sounds like you check-marked the "Audio Input" rather than unchecked it. Can you post screenshot of Sonos PI config screen, I assume you did not change your event, right? Are the players muted (than check-mark mute-overwrite) or set to low volume level (then adjust volume).

Dirk

Comment

I did not change any of my events. I did notice an error message in the log though. I posted the screenshots.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X