Error - Overloading syslog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultrajones

Any chance we'll see more options to auto-reduce the log size? I posted a Feature Request (Post 33) in the enhancements thread. Several of us have been overflowing with very loage (30+ Gig in my case) log DBs when capped at the lowest 2 month setting.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Wow. What database is consuming 30 GB in 2 months? What's the use case here?
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

It actually grows to about 30 Gb in 2-3 weeks. I feed the logs from 18 Ubiquity devices, a Sonicwall Firewall, and 2 synology nas and a couple of servers to Ultralog. I check the logs for certain conditions/entries and then fire off events. While it would be nice to keep the history longer, the PI chokes over 30GB or so. Right now I have to go in every week or two and just whack the syslog.db file. If we could prune it at a week or two, or at a certain size, and then ship the logs off to an archive DB for a longer period and keep the PI DB smaller, that would be ideal.

Comment

Are you sending all syslog events to the PI? I send my Sonicwall syslog items too, but I filter what gets sent on the Sonicwall side to minimize this issue. Not sure if the other equipment you have has that option too.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've trimmed it down as much as I can and still have it do what I need it to. My Synolgy NAS are pretty quite, so is the SonicWall and the servers. The chatty one is Ubiquity system but I use it extensively.

@UltraJones...any chance we'll see an update with shorter retention times?

Comment

Working...
            X