X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon-Plugin failure.. Please help

Mark please help..
    I Hve been running your insteon plug in, for years...
    and today had a weird problem..
    I woke up this morning to find that my sprinklers didn't go on, (EZFlora) controller.
    I attempted a few times to turn on the zones, but they would not go on..
    so I attempted to unplug and plug back in the ezflora..
    still no good..
    had to goto work.
    Logged in remotely to check a little further found that for some reason the INsteon plug in was telling me there was NO COM port set
    this has been running for years...
    Anyways, went in to configuration page, Entered in com port
    seems to be ok no errors, HOWEVER... Every single one of my INSTEON devices are missing from homeseer, the only devices I see in homeseer are my NON insteon devices.. I.E. My nest devices (nest plugin), my Zwave Stuff, Etc..
    Please help..
    I've never had this level of failure before..
    I'm running HS3 pro on a Hometroller

any chance the hometroller crashed and restarted?

some older versions of HS3 would kill plugin ini files (ie leave them blank on restarts)

you may need to restore an insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd from the same backup
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      any chance the hometroller crashed and restarted? - I couldn't control some things, so I rebooted the hometroller cleanly

some older versions of HS3 would kill plugin ini files (ie leave them blank on restarts)

you may need to restore an insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd from the same backup
      I am using BLBackup, What files should I restore, I found the file folder I back up to

thanks
      fred

Comment

i can't tell you how to restore using that plugin, but you need to restore the config\insteon.ini and the data\homeseer.hsd files
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i can't tell you how to restore using that plugin, but you need to restore the config\insteon.ini and the data\homeseer.hsd files
          thanks so much just needed the file locations, BLBACKUP just makes a full copy of everything in another location, of which I was simply able to copy everything out.
          thanks so much..
          I am back and running 100% again

much appreciated

Fred

Comment

glad you're back online. can you tell me what hs3 version and plugin version you are running?

i curious why this happened in the first placed
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

glad you're back online. can you tell me what hs3 version and plugin version you are running?

i curious why this happened in the first placed
              You are a man after my own heart! LOL wanting to know why

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
              Insteon plug in 3.0.6.0

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                You are a man after my own heart! LOL wanting to know why

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                Insteon plug in 3.0.6.0
                was there any evidence of a power failure, or abrupt (ie not clean) shutdown? previous versions of HS3 would corrupt ini files in these cases. i thought this might have been fixed in .435

also, you might try my the beta plugin. you can see the changes on this thread
                https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185693

the plugin (not hs) manages the ini file now

i'm glad you had a good/working backup. Can't say that for most
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

was there any evidence of a power failure, or abrupt (ie not clean) shutdown? previous versions of HS3 would corrupt ini files in these cases. i thought this might have been fixed in .435

also, you might try my the beta plugin. you can see the changes on this thread
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185693

the plugin (not hs) manages the ini file now

i'm glad you had a good/working backup. Can't say that for most
                  Hey, so no power failure, or brown out.. I have all my servers on a Large APC UPS, as well as a generator..
                  power is conditioned, and clean..

yes I am super conscious of backups especially homeseer, I spent long hours/days/months, getting all my systems working together LOL

and I will check out the beta and see what the changes are. very cool
                  thanks
                  Fred

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
                    Hey, so no power failure, or brown out.. I have all my servers on a Large APC UPS, as well as a generator..
                    power is conditioned, and clean..

yes I am super conscious of backups especially homeseer, I spent long hours/days/months, getting all my systems working together LOL

and I will check out the beta and see what the changes are. very cool
                    thanks
                    Fred
                    thanks for reporting back. Nice setup...sounds a lot like what i do
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X