This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcp View Post
    did it work fine with version 1.6 or did you run into a similar problem?
    Partially, for both players the virtual devices in Homeseer were created and worked. The virtual devices for the server were also created without errors and worked.

I than updated to version 2.x beta and found the above was still true but HSTouch only saw ONE music interface, the other player was not available in HSTouch

Also when you re-installed the plugin, did you delete all HS2 devices related to the plug-in and restart HS2?
    Yes I did, I first deleted the devices and restarted HS, then uninstalled the plug-in and deleted all related files. Installed beta 2.x and it did no longer work.

Have you checked in the log if the plug-in correctly initialized or if an error occurred?
    Yes, it initialized correctly but showed the errors as outlined above.

Looking at the code, it is not clear what the problem could be. Could you enable debug + verbose debug, restart the plugin and email me the log file?
    Sure, on it's way!

Appreciate your help.

Comment

Where are the documentation and example files you speak of? The zip has just one file, the installer. the HS2 help system looks for but does not find a pdf file when "Help for SqueezeBox plugin" is selected and I don't know where to look for the sample files. Thanks.

-- Art

Comment

The PDF file / documentation should be in the Squeezebox sub-directory with the html sub-directory of your HS2 installation directory.

Comment

Well its still kind of jumpy at my place to.

I did build a hst page for a squeezebox called robin.

After installing a new pc with softsqueeze all items on my hstpage are redirected to player4 instead of robin.

But atleast all players are still here, only their order seems to change when new players are found.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin_f View Post
            Well its still kind of jumpy at my place to.

I did build a hst page for a squeezebox called robin.

After installing a new pc with softsqueeze all items on my hstpage are redirected to player4 instead of robin.

But atleast all players are still here, only their order seems to change when new players are found.

The side effect you see might be same problem fvhemert is running into. Based on the log files fvhemert sent me, this is a regression I introduced when a new player is added and its allocated HS2 base device code is not already set in the ini file. I plan to build a new version next weekend to fix this.

Comment

I posted a new beta version of the plugin that should correct the issue when new players are added and should better handle library searches that include non ascii characters.

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                I used the 2.0.0.2 version but not all was working ok.
                On my two HST clients I have installed the (headless) softsqeeze software.
                I usually didnt see any cover art and after a restart of one of the clients the player controls were switched.
                So if I pressed play on client A, it started playing the song on client B.

I uninstalled the plugin. (disabled and deleted all the sqeezebox related files in de homeseer directory)
                I then first reinstalled version 1.6 from the updater and ran the 2.0.0.3 installation file.

All seems to work more stable now.

Comment

The boxes are not jumping here any more, do experience some little flaws
                  but that could also the new hst beta designer. ( iill report b

I did install some extra softsqueeze clients and untill now everything stays in place.

thnx for updating the beta!

Comment

With the Update 3, i have this error :

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">01/02/2010 06:06:10 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> SqueezeBox Error </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left"></td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">01/02/2010 06:06:10 </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> SqueezeBox Error </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left"></td></tr></tbody></table>

Don't know if it's normal , but i can play pause etc etc from the status page without any problem ...

So i don't really understand the problem. I haven't added any player for the moment, only my 3 actuals.

Any idea maybe ?

tks a lot in advance
                    Regards
                    Manu

Comment

When the error occurred, the plug-in was retrieving a the artwork for the current song via an HTTP request to SB Server. Are SB Server and HS2 on the same computer and could any firewall block the request?

Comment

nothing has change at home ...

i just update the plugin and restart HSpro.

the squeeze server is not on the same computer ... but it always works with the previous versions ... these errors appears when i put the new version.

They are in the same network.

Comment

Some strange problems

Hi,
                          pcp: i have some odd problems. I do not know if its regarded to your plugin or the homeseer music plugin. But i posted a little video to show you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgH0XQQ8D8

Its regarding filtering problems, playing the right song. It was easier making the video. I hope its ok. Ill remove it later..

Comment

good video to show the problems.
                            I sometimes also have the problem of the client playing the "intro" song when another song in the list gets selected.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is related to the problems above but I do notice when I control a player from the Homeseer status page that the display is out of sync. If I turn a player ON, it goes on but the status display in Homeseer does not change. If I turn the player OFF, it goes off and the homeseer display changes to ON. If I pres Off a second time,the player is still off and the display also changes to off.

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
                                Hi,
                                pcp: i have some odd problems. I do not know if its regarded to your plugin or the homeseer music plugin. But i posted a little video to show you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgH0XQQ8D8

Its regarding filtering problems, playing the right song. It was easier making the video. I hope its ok. Ill remove it later..
                                Thank you Markus for the video and will help understanding the issues. I assume you have one screen per player/zone/music API instance. For the volume, do you use the Music APIs or the device? My connection is slow tonight (traveling) so will need to further study later and see if I can reproduce all this. The current beta version does not cache any libraries and each time queries SB server. I am evaluating a few caching approaches to hopefully reduce latency issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X