Pass MyRef back to HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass MyRef back to HS

I have multiple tablets on my HomeSeer network. HS3 to Android works just fine since each one has it own specific AutoRemote ID so the command is routed to the correct tablet and not the others perfectly.

However, I am trying to figure out a way to determine which tablet a Tasker command came from. For example, on ll the tablets I have the same Tasker Task set to execute an Event in HS3. It would be awesome if I could pass the %MyRef parameter (or the static IP address of the tablet) to HS3 to correctly process the event/script.

Maybe as a global variable in HS3 or something like that?

I tried figuring out how to pass data from a HSTouch Textbox to a virtual device on the mothership. I'm still waiting on how to do that, and it's been a while.

Comment

Is it possible to pass the MyRef variable to a script?

Comment

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
        Is it possible to pass the MyRef variable to a script?
        Just played around with this and it works. I can easily pass %MyRef to a script and then process the correct code based upon which tablet (MyRef ID) the command came from. That works perfectly for my situation.

Thanks!!

Comment

It's not like I helped in any way. I don't know anything about coding. You seem to know about coding, maybe you can look at this.
          I haven't tried what this guy said to do yet.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=187248

Comment

The other way I though of doing this was to create a virtual device and set the value of that device from Tasker. I like the script method better but that would work too.

Comment

Hi, this beta creates a global variable "last tasker device" which contains the latest hs tasker reference. Last Change timestamp for the tasker device are also updated once it get any command from tasker.

I have updated the tasker projectfiles for HS3 Engine, delete the profile HS3 Engine in tasker and run "Setup Tasker for HS3" app to download the new files. Import the new HS3_Engine and save the changes in Tasker.

And as always, do backups.
              Attached Files
              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
              --
              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

What are you guys using tasker for?

Comment

Working...
                X