• Show
Clear All

HomeBridge SecuritySystem - how to use?

The Homebridge HomeSeer plugin supports the following accessory:

{
    "ref":230, // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference of a Security System
    "type":"SecuritySystem", // Required for a security system
    "name":"Home alarm", // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default
    "armedStayValues":[0], // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-STAY
    "armedAwayValues":[1], // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-AWAY
    "armedNightValues":[2], // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ARMED-NIGHT
    "disarmedValues":[3], // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=DISARMED
    "alarmValues":[4], // Optional - List of the HomeSeer device values for a HomeKit security state=ALARM
    "armStayValue":0, // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in stay mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system
    "armAwayValue":1, // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in away mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system
    "armNightValue":2, // Required - HomeSeer device control value to arm in night mode. If you don't have this mode, select any value that arms your system
    "disarmValue":3 // Required - HomeSeer device control value to disarm security system
    }

There's no interface available that will allow HomeSeer to work with my real security system. However, I have a couple of Aeotec alarm devices that I'd like to have HomeSeer turn on or off based on events such as motion, doors being opened, etc. The Aeotec alarm devices basically just make a loud alarm sound when they are turned on.

I'm not sure how the Homebridge "SecuritySytem" device type works. Can someone show how they created a HomeSeer virtual device that's used with the "SecuritySystem" device type? And provide a description on the types of events that are needed to support this device type?

Thanks.

Is this for the "homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018" version of the HomeSeer plugin? If so, please re-post your question as an Issue here:

https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer/issues

I'll then respond to the issue by adding instructions in the Wiki section. Probably by Sunday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
      Is this for the "homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018" version of the HomeSeer plugin? If so, please re-post your question as an Issue here:

https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer/issues

I'll then respond to the issue by adding instructions in the Wiki section. Probably by Sunday evening.
      Yes, I'm using the "homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018" (wonderful plug-in!!). I re-posted my question as an issue in github.

Comment

Working...
      X