No announcement yet.

More System Craziness - Borderline Insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new dev ids indicate the plugin recreated devices because it couldn't find the previously created devices. the hs log would show these transactions the first time you enabled the plugin.

do you have your own hs backup before the incident?

the plugin has no function to renumber devices; i'm not sure if you can even do this since those numbers are generated by hs
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      the new dev ids indicate the plugin recreated devices because it couldn't find the previously created devices. the hs log would show these transactions the first time you enabled the plugin.

do you have your own hs backup before the incident?

the plugin has no function to renumber devices; i'm not sure if you can even do this since those numbers are generated by hs
      I am right now looking at the startup log from the first time I tried this the other day, and as you say, it contains lines saying that it is creating each device. I should maybe talk to the HS people to see if that "index" of ref ids can be reset to zero, to maybe start over...but then there's probably no guarantee that they would be re-created in the original order....So I'm probably stuck with redefining all the devices for the events.

Oh well. I'm used to this by now. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Jim Speiser
      38-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
        I am right now looking at the startup log from the first time I tried this the other day, and as you say, it contains lines saying that it is creating each device. I should maybe talk to the HS people to see if that "index" of ref ids can be reset to zero, to maybe start over...but then there's probably no guarantee that they would be re-created in the original order....So I'm probably stuck with redefining all the devices for the events.

Oh well. I'm used to this by now. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.
        hst won't be able to help with redefining ref ids; and there is no way of knowing the correct id for each device. have you tried all the homeseer database files in the previously mentioned folder?

i hope you will setup your own backup system going forward so you don't run into this issue again
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          hst won't be able to help with redefining ref ids; and there is no way of knowing the correct id for each device. have you tried all the homeseer database files in the previously mentioned folder?

i hope you will setup your own backup system going forward so you don't run into this issue again
          Fortunately, it wasn't too difficult to re-specify the devices in the events. But the restore of the old .hsd file did not bring back the icons that I had re-defined for each device, nor the images. But that's just window dressing, I can live with it. I consider the system restored now.

I have tried to figure out the backups in HS. I guess it has to be done manually every time? And the overall structure is confusing, there are many .bak files in the Config folder, why are they there? Does doing a Backup Config from the Setup page backup the Insteon.ini? And what are all the HomeseerData_x.hsd files for? Are they backups, or alternative configs? Is there an in-depth explanation somewhere?

Jim Speiser
          38-year veteran of Home Automation
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
            Fortunately, it wasn't too difficult to re-specify the devices in the events. But the restore of the old .hsd file did not bring back the icons that I had re-defined for each device, nor the images. But that's just window dressing, I can live with it. I consider the system restored now.

I have tried to figure out the backups in HS. I guess it has to be done manually every time? And the overall structure is confusing, there are many .bak files in the Config folder, why are they there? Does doing a Backup Config from the Setup page backup the Insteon.ini? And what are all the HomeseerData_x.hsd files for? Are they backups, or alternative configs? Is there an in-depth explanation somewhere?
            Jim,
            I'm going to refer to you the hs3 forum for questions about hs backup etc. I do my own backups outside of the hs functions.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X