No announcement yet.

Must have plug ins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of my other 'must have' plugins (besides EasyTrigger and MQTT that I already mentioned in my previous posts):

- Pushover 3P plugin: sure, email notifications are handy, but nothing beats almost instantaneous notifications popping up with custom sounds/images directly on your phone. I use this for hundreds of alerts/notifications.

- Device History plugin: having temperature sensors and power meters in devices is great for automating things and triggering events, but if you really want to learn about how your house is functioning and finding ways to do things like reduce energy consumption, better climate control, etc, you need to be logging the history of those devices, and this plug-in does it easily and comprehensively.

- Blue-Iris plugin: not everyone needs this, but if you're going to be using IP based security cameras you should be using Blue Iris - it's simply the most robust, flexible and powerful surveillance management system I've experienced, and the Blue-Iris plugin for HS opens up huge scope for automation and security functions within HS.

And one final one: if you're using any Google Home/Chromecast devices, you should be using the Chromecast plug-in. I'm only just starting to tap into its potential, but it seems really useful so far.

Comment

I have been using the email/sms gateway for my carrier. Most of the cell companies have (phone number)@(carrierservice).com. I like it bc it provides me history in the sent folder.

Device history is tempting.

Right now I am trying to get my head around vb on Linux. It seems.....contradictory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigmatzomat View Post

Right now I am trying to get my head around vb on Linux. It seems.....contradictory.
        Don't think of it as VB think of it as .NET and when thinking of .NET think Java. It's just a run time with languages stacked onto it.

Comment

I never did any .net or Java programming. C/c++, Perl, avenue, luup, and a smidgen of lisp & python. And waay old Excel macro vba stuff.

So I know the concepts and structures but not the fundamental setup stuff, akin to "include stdio".

I have no clue what do with these sea shells.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigmatzomat View Post
            I never did any .net or Java programming. C/c++, Perl, avenue, luup, and a smidgen of lisp & python. And waay old Excel macro vba stuff.

So I know the concepts and structures but not the fundamental setup stuff, akin to "include stdio".

I have no clue what do with these sea shells.
            I never did any VB or C# or .NET at all until I started using HS. All my prior dev work was scripting bash,perl,python,awk,sed etc etc and some Java.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
              I never did any VB or C# or .NET at all until I started using HS. All my prior dev work was scripting bash,perl,python,awk,sed etc etc and some Java.
              What do you use for your IDE for these languages?

Comment

Working...
              X