Confirmation message written to Device String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation message written to Device String

Blade, firstly thanks for an extremely useful plug-in that I, and many others, rely on.

I have a strange, but fairly minor, issue which is that each time the plug-in runs a backup a particular device string of a ZWave child device gets updated with the confirmation message.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Node 29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1212523
    As you see above the particular device is Ref #2199 which is a child device of a ZWave module in my system.

Now, as I haven't seen anybody else report this I suspect there is some peculiarity in my setup. However, there must be something that writes the confirmation message to a device string and somehow it is pointing at the wrong device in my system. Possibly a corruption in my database?

Have you any thoughts?

Steve

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
    Blade, firstly thanks for an extremely useful plug-in that I, and many others, rely on.

I have a strange, but fairly minor, issue which is that each time the plug-in runs a backup a particular device string of a ZWave child device gets updated with the confirmation message.
    [ATTACH]69359[/ATTACH]
    As you see above the particular device is Ref #2199 which is a child device of a ZWave module in my system.

Now, as I haven't seen anybody else report this I suspect there is some peculiarity in my setup. However, there must be something that writes the confirmation message to a device string and somehow it is pointing at the wrong device in my system. Possibly a corruption in my database?

Have you any thoughts?

Steve
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Look at the “Directories” tab of BLBackup configuration. You will probably find that 2199 is set as the “Status Device Code/Ref”. Either remove the number or create a Virtual Device to use.
      Thanks Randy, it was bound to be something I had missed

The code fields were actually blank in the Directories tab but in Options the device code ref was q1. I don't know if that was the default or something I entered not realising what it was when I originally installed the plugin. Too long ago for my poor memory.

I've now created a virtual device and set the ref id in directories and it is using that.

Steve
      Last edited by SteveMSJ; June 16, 2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X