Coming Soon: LinkTap Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming Soon: LinkTap Plugin

I personally have been looking for something to automate watering my lawn and flowers without having an in-ground irrigation system. I have standard water hose faucets and I wanted something that could be integrated and automated.

I looked at B-Hyve from Orbit and RainCloud from Melnor. Neither of them have an API to integrate with anything.

Introducing: LinkTap
    https://www.link-tap.com

They have a great product and I have been working with LinkTap for the last couple of weeks to bring a plugin to HomeSeer.

In working with LinkTap and their API I have made some requests for changes and LinkTap is working on implementing.

I'm working on some little touches and a beta will be released soon.

And of course some preliminary beta screenshots:

Latest Updates: Multiple TapLinkers on single Gateway:

Last edited by simplextech; July 19, 2018, 09:01 PM.

I have to say that I really like the idea of a device that sits on the faucet and accepts commands via a good HS3 comm path.

This one looks like only zigbee. Right? Not in my toolbox however I do z-wave (preferably +).

3 valve setup would be ($129 + (2 * $79)) = @279 plus whatever it would cost to support zigbee (which I am not really interested in). That gets pretty pricey.

But I gotta say again, I like the idea. What you sparked in my mind was a 3 zone (3 valves), on a manifold each separately controlled via events.

Another observation, they appear to be exterior plastic. Do you know what the internal valves are made of? Brass? I've used several basic timers and the lower quality plastic ones have left me disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
      I have to say that I really like the idea of a device that sits on the faucet and accepts commands via a good HS3 comm path.

This one looks like only zigbee. Right? Not in my toolbox however I do z-wave (preferably +).

3 valve setup would be ($129 + (2 * $79)) = @279 plus whatever it would cost to support zigbee (which I am not really interested in). That gets pretty pricey.

But I gotta say again, I like the idea. What you sparked in my mind was a 3 zone (3 valves), on a manifold each separately controlled via events.

Another observation, they appear to be exterior plastic. Do you know what the internal valves are made of? Brass? I've used several basic timers and the lower quality plastic ones have left me disappointed.
      The full kit includes a ZigBee gateway for the TapLinker faucet connections. The system is self contained designed to work "stand alone". I just took up the cause to integrate with HS3.

A single account can have up to 3 gateways and each gateway supports up to 8 TapLink faucet units. For a total of 24 possible faucet connections. If more is needed then currently a separate login account would be needed.

Yes the exterior shell casing is plastic, however it is not flimsy and feels sturdy there's no flex to the casing. The battery door is held on by 6 small screws with a gasket for a water tight seal. As for the internals I do not know. But I can find out.

Comment

Cloud dependency? How about subscriptions?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          Cloud dependency? How about subscriptions?
          Cloud sorta. Yes the system communicates through their cloud for receiving/sending the commands and setting the schedules. Upside is that once a command/schedule is sent it is then local to the gateway.

Example: Turn on water for 30 minutes.

Once that is issued then the system knows to water for 30 minutes and then turn off. If you lose internet during that time it doesn't matter the system at the local gateway has the information. **EDIT** I also checked that if you lose power the system will shut off after the designated time/schedule as that information is local in the TapLinker (faucet device). The only worry of the water NOT shutting off is if the batteries are dead.

Essentially if you have no internet you can't send/update existing schedules or create new ones.

No subscriptions.
          Last edited by simplextech; July 20, 2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Since it uses Zigbee can you use without their gateway, and instead use for example Deconz?

Comment

Originally posted by stvjfp1 View Post
              Since it uses Zigbee can you use without their gateway, and instead use for example Deconz?
              You can hack almost anything but it's not designed that way.

I asked them them that question and the official stance was no it only uses it's own gateway.

Comment

John, in your conversations with LinkTap have you heard anything about product availability? Their website only lists amazon as seller, and amazon shows both the gateway/timer package and the timer as unavailable with no time estimate for stock. Google search gets hits for ebay in Australia that don't ship to US and I'm not seeing other sellers.
                -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                  John, in your conversations with LinkTap have you heard anything about product availability? Their website only lists amazon as seller, and amazon shows both the gateway/timer package and the timer as unavailable with no time estimate for stock. Google search gets hits for ebay in Australia that don't ship to US and I'm not seeing other sellers.
                  That is odd. I know the product is available as I ordered and received mine from Amazon. I'll contact them and find out what is the problem. I'm guessing out of stock.

Yes, they are an Australian company.

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                    Here's the response from LinkTap:

The product was sold out two days ago. Three new batches are on their way to Amazon. One of them will arrive at Amazon warehouse in 48 hours, then they will be back in stock in another 48 hours. We have been pushing our factory to make more...

Comment

Thanks. Good to hear.
                      -Wade

Comment

LinkTap are changing their API and it has been disabled for customer access for the time being. Because of this I've requested the LinkTap plugin be removed from the updater and the store until further notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                          LinkTap are changing their API and it has been disabled for customer access for the time being. Because of this I've requested the LinkTap plugin be removed from the updater and the store until further notice.
                          any update...
                          i have emailed linktap....with a reply that simplex have the new api
                          i cannot find on the updater but on the homeseer website " This is an early release."

Comment

Originally posted by Roobrother View Post

any update...
                            i have emailed linktap....with a reply that simplex have the new api
                            i cannot find on the updater but on the homeseer website " This is an early release."
                            I have received the new API information from LinkTap. This will be a re-development effort so it will take a bit of time. It is on the schedule.

Comment

any news on the linktap plug in for homeseer

Comment

Working...
                              X