Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can HomeSeer Receive And Send Keyboard Commands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can HomeSeer Receive And Send Keyboard Commands?

I would like to receive a keyboard input and use it in an event. Similiary, I would like to send keyboard commands to windows based on a trigger.

What should I be looking at to make this happen?

You can do both with the Script Connector plugin.

Have a look at the sample script gallery.

Best regards,

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

have you checked out hs.keys?

Comment

Yep, looking into right now. It does work for the example from HS with the calc program.

But when trying to send a command to ehshell.exe, windows media player, HS says that ehshell does not exist. But I can see it in the task manager and it is open. No idea.

Comment

Originally posted by aslamma View Post
          Yep, looking into right now. It does work for the example from HS with the calc program.

But when trying to send a command to ehshell.exe, windows media player, HS says that ehshell does not exist. But I can see it in the task manager and it is open. No idea.
          Is ehshell a window? Is it the active window?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes to both in this case.

Comment

Check this out.
              http://blog.mediacentersandbox.com/f...read/4000.aspx
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hahah, that is very funny. The guy in that thread was remarking how it already had it installed. I TOO have this installed...but never figured out how to use it. haha. it confuses me.

I thought this was going to be a simple keyboard send. Didnt know I was gonna need a program and send something to a TCP on a port and a bunch of stuff I do not understand.

Comment

Usage Notes

• See the Included Commands section below and the contents of the MCEControl.commands file for a list of all of the commands MCEControl supports by default.
                  • To test MCE Controller (in server mode) open a telnet session to whatever port MCE Controller is configured to open and type commands. For example telnet localhost 5150 followed by alttabmcestart command will launch Media Center and cause it to be maximized. If you do not want this behavior, change MCEControl.commands such that the mcestart command does not have the embedded nextCommand element.
                  • For MCEContoller to work property the target application (Media Center ) must be the active window (foreground) on the desktop. You can use the mceactivatemcestart as it will end up causing the same thing to happen (although not as quickly).
                  • Also, you may find that greenbutton is a better function than mcestart because it is equivalent to the green-button. mcestart is a bit different because if MCE is already running mcestart will not go to the "start" screen of MCE while greenbutton will. However, greenbutton does not cause the MCE window to be maximized.

Any idea how I would send the command to MCE Controller? It is saying to do it via telnet, but I dont get it.

Comment

Working...
                  X