This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help-- HSTouch stopped communicating

I have a HSTouch I got a few months ago. I have been setting it up all this time and it never had a problem communicating. Now when I'm ready to install it in the wall it will not see the server nor does HSTouch Designer see it. The designer does see the PC's with the client on but not the actual tablet. It's been a while since I touched the server but I may have updated the software since then. I'm currently running HSTouch server 1.0.0.22.

The logs don't show any HSTouch connected and I did check the designer under tools\options\nnection defaults for the correct IP address. Username and password are correct also. I have also pressed the reset button on the HSTouch. I have now upgraded the client on that because I'm not sure how to do that.

Anyone have any ideas? I just cut a large hole in the kitchen wall and my wife is not to happy about it.

Are there any errors in the HS log file indicating an issue with the HSTouch plugin? What version of HS are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There are no errors runningg file. I believe I am running the latest 2.4.0.1 HSPRO. How would I verify that? I see there is a beta version that fixes a IP problem. Could this be a fix?

Comment

What beta software are you speaking of? HomeSeer or HSTouch server?

Comment

Homeseer, but I tried it and still doesn't work. I'm wondering if something happened to the HSTouch unit itself.

Comment

Can your tablet get online, like to google, or to your homeseer server via a web browser? If not, your wireless may be turned off. If the tablet has a wired ethernet option, plug a cable directly into your router or network switch and see if it can connect to homeseer. If all that works, HSTouch should be a snap to get connected via the wired network.

More details about your hardware installation would help as a 'HSTouch' isn't a piece of hardware. Glad to help but right now, do not have enough information beyond the above generic suggestions.
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I've had problems where HSTouch would not connect, I solved it by deleting the registry keys and letting HSTouch create them again, might be worth a try...the keys are at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HomeSeer LLC\HSTouch

Comment

What is an "HSTouch unit"?

Comment

Sorry guys about the lack of information. I'm using the HST-IW07 - 7" In-wall LCD Touchscreen. So far I have tried deleting that registry entry and I have booted up the tablet and was able to get on the the network that way.

It just does not show up in HSTouch Designer to update, nor does to do any functions when I press any keys.

If you need any more info let me know.

Comment

OK...so the HSTouch client appears to now connect to HomeSeer, is that correct? Does the log say Client xxx named yyy has connected or does the yellow bar across the bottom show it connecting?

Strange its not seen by the designer though, does the designer connect to HomeSeer OK? I presume its not showing the client in the Deploy menu?

Have you tried restarting HomeSeer, then once HS is fully loaded up then restarting the client? I've had instances where the client was left open, HS restarts and whilst it appears to connect the buttons don't appear to respond nor the data exchanged correctly, restarting the client with HS fully loaded solves it...

Comment

Originally posted by jweiss View Post
                      Sorry guys about the lack of information. I'm using the HST-IW07 - 7" In-wall LCD Touchscreen. So far I have tried deleting that registry entry and I have booted up the tablet and was able to get on the the network that way.

It just does not show up in HSTouch Designer to update, nor does to do any functions when I press any keys.

If you need any more info let me know.
                      Is HSTouch running on the touch screen? If not it will not show in the designer.

Comment

I can see computers running HStouch client in designer and can deploy to them but not the Windows CE tablet. Nothing shows in the log as connected or not. No mention of that IP address. A yellow bar comes across the bottom after a while that says 'disconnected from Homeseer'.

I have tried restarting the server several times, no go on that.

Comment

Originally posted by jweiss View Post
                          I can see computers running HStouch client in designer and can deploy to them but not the Windows CE tablet. Nothing shows in the log as connected or not. No mention of that IP address. A yellow bar comes across the bottom after a while that says 'disconnected from Homeseer'.

I have tried restarting the server several times, no go on that.
                          Have you double checked your firewall settings and anti-virus settings to make sure they are not blocking access?

Comment

Firewall is currently off and no anti-virus installed as of yet.

Comment

It's still not working, any other advice?

Comment

Working...
                              X