New HS3 Insteon Plug-in Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding the keypadlink buttons in HS3

Hello, I have been using Homeseer for about two months. This is my first post to the board. Please bear with me...

I would appreciate guidance that gives step by step instructions on how to add each of the seven additional buttons of an Insteon 8 button keypadlink. The first button works great but I can<t seem to get the others recognised by the plug in while in configuration.

My environment is:
    Current Date/Time: 11/28/2017 11:48:52 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
    HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 60 Days 3 Hours 14 Minutes 48 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.2.63
    Number of Devices: 94
    Number of Events: 12
    Available Threads: 392

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.0.0.9: HSInsteon
    3.1.0.22: Sonos
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Also unrelated to the Insteon, how can I enable a signature for my posts?
    Thank you,
    Bob

Comment

TeamBoMart, I strongly recommend you purchase Marks Insteon plug-in. His support is fantastic and he is very quick to get new devices added.

Here is his forum thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1191
      You can get his plugin via the HS3 plug-in manager.

Regards,
      Tony
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Thanks Tony. I have been thinking about it for some time since support does seem very good and since I have a ton of X10 that I could repurpose using his PI.
        Bob

Comment

Need post re steps to program scene buttons for an Insteon 8 button keypad

Hi again Tony,
          I've looked around the threads in Mark's forum and, like the Homeseer PI I can't find a post for the Insteon 8 button Keypad dimmer programming specifically for the keypad's 7 scene buttons. I have seen unanswered posts from a few people asking for the same instructions. As mentioned, the first button has been identified and defined as a device. That works great! I did this using the normal procedure of putting the Insteon PI in add mode and then pressing the Keypad's set button until it beeps. All of my Insteon devices are working well using this approach.

The Insteon instructions involve a second Insteon device and using its set button. Generally, I do not want to use a second Insteon device for the scene button, I want to use a Z-Wave wall switch dimmer, in this case, programmed in and controlled by HS3.

Can you or Mark or anyone point me to a thread or post that provides the instructions?
          Thanks,
          Bob

Comment

With marks plug-in, when you add the 8 button device it just creates 8 separate devices, one for each button. Then you set each button up to do whatever you want it to do.

For instance, I set button A as a toggle for the main light it controls. Then Button B-H have several functions. One puts my home in sleep mode at night, the other turns on an attic fan, yet another sets my home to away... you can really do anything you want with them as each is just a standard on/off switch.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Mark's PI purchased and to be installed

OK! I have purchased Mark's PI and it's time to install it. I believe the steps are:
              1. Disable the HSInsteon PI.
              2. Select Insteon PI by Mark from the Lighting & Primary Technology drop down.
              3. I have the PLM2413U, so no compatibility issues based on Mark's release notes.
              4. I will follow the installation and configuration instructions in Mark's Thread.
              5. There are a few references to .ini files but I don't believe I have access to any since I am using the HomeTroller ZEE S2.
              6. Is there a way I can keep the current Insteon configuration as defined in the HS PI?

Thanks Tony!
              Bob
              PS I guess from now on I should be posting in the MNSandler HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.6.0 Release (Windows & Linux) right?

Comment

Hi bob, you will need to re-build your devices as far as I know. Yes I wouldn't post any more in here.

Comment

Leaving this thread.

You have been very helpful and responsive Tony.
                  Thank you very much!
                  Bob

Comment

Going to Mark's thread

You have been very helpful and responsive Tony.
                    Thank you very much!
                    Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X