Power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power outage

Just sat through a power outage though homeseer remained operational on backup power. When power was restored the I stein plugin is showing no interface found though it is now receiving power. Is this a bug or an issue with the plm?

Restarting the plugin fixed the problem. Is there a workaround?

Comment

kideon,
      the plugin doesn't understand what a power outage is so you must manage the process.

In general when the plugin can't communicate with the plm, an Insteon trigger will be fired: initially, Insteon "Interface stops responding", and then finally "interface crashes".

In order to start the plugin again, there is an action insteon "enable interface" that should restart comm with the plugin if everything else is good (ie power, etc)

so in general, when power is restored you can do fire the above action, or just restart hs completely depending on your needs.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        kideon,
        the plugin doesn't understand what a power outage is so you must manage the process.

In general when the plugin can't communicate with the plm, an Insteon trigger will be fired: initially, Insteon "Interface stops responding", and then finally "interface crashes".

In order to start the plugin again, there is an action insteon "enable interface" that should restart comm with the plugin if everything else is good (ie power, etc)

so in general, when power is restored you can do fire the above action, or just restart hs completely depending on your needs.
        my comments are only related to my plugin. didn't realize i was responding to a post in this forum.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X