Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still confused. I've never used scenes, do I need to activate them somewhere?
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Don't need scenes ever for this switch. Just do control device and pick the central scene under the device. The name is a little misleading. Just use it as s trigger and set the event to do what you want.

Comment

I would rescan the devices since you updated the zwave plugin, if you still don't have the central scene device.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaOtter View Post
          Current version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.66

Is there a formal display of a support profile?

I just updated the Z-Wave plugin software and rebooted the ZEE S2 and only see the on/off toggle of the root device. If I go to the z-wave tab for the device I can set the "switch reverse", "LED Mode", and response to "all on, all off commands" thats all that is there.
          Click the Help Question mark icon on the top right of any web page talking to your HS controller and a new tab should open with help info and your support profile on the bottom.

I think you will have to exclude and re-include your switches now that you upgraded to the .66 version of the Z-Wave plugin to give you the three devices for each switch.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
            How about this - we create an Event to set the dim level to 1% when the dimmer is set to Off. That will make the bottom LED go back on, right? How much power do you think having it set to 1% will use?
            I tried setting one of my WD100s to 1%. The bottom LED did light, but the lights did too. May depend on the bulbs you are using. Mine were 4 Phillips LED bulbs, the ones with an amber color housing when off.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
              Still confused. I've never used scenes, do I need to activate them somewhere?
              The scenes are available and active as soon as you include the switch in your Z-Wave network, as long as you are on the .66 release or newer of the Z-Wave plugin.

Think of the scenes on these switches like any other device that has a state that you can use to trigger events. Like a button press on a minimote. So the switches give you a scene device that can have eight different states: Top tapped once, top tapped twice, top tapped three times, top pressed-held-released, and the same four for the bottom paddle. So you can build eight different events triggering on the eight states for one WD100 switch.

John

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                I see, I missed the dimmer part. Right, all the leds go off when you turn it off and there is no setting. I will make a note, if we have to update for any other reason I will see if I can get that in there.
                Here's another item for the WD100 wish list. The local control ramp rate configuration covers both how fast it ramps up or down when pressing and holding and when just tapping. It would be nice to have separate rates for press/hold vs. tap. That way it could be faster for a tap and slower for press/hold, making it easier to get the right dim level you want when adjusting dim level at the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaOtter View Post
                  Current version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280
                  Z-Wave 3.0.1.66

Is there a formal display of a support profile?

I just updated the Z-Wave plugin software and rebooted the ZEE S2 and only see the on/off toggle of the root device. If I go to the z-wave tab for the device I can set the "switch reverse", "LED Mode", and response to "all on, all off commands" thats all that is there.
                  Click on the device to open the details. . .go to the ZWave tab, then click the rescan button. For me, that usually allows the device to pick up the new functionality of the updated ZWave plugin. If that doesn't do it, then you need to remove and re-add the switch.

Comment

Just updated Zwave Plug-In to 66 and Z-Wave Controller went crazy with ZNET spitting out a bunch of errors. Then went to Beta on 71 and that fixed the issue.
                    (Though on 71, the abort button on my ZNET Android App, no longer works).

Does anyone know how to enter exclusion mode the device?
                    I had to reset the breaker and press the device to enter it.
                    But prefer a method where touching the breaker isn't necessary.

Comment

I'm confused, I'm trying to run an event using a triple tap and I get this:
                      You don't use the Z-Wave scene trigger. You use the trigger 'Device is set to' and then use the central scene device that's created when you add the switch to your system. The device appears in a screen shot from this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=15
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The abort button on the iOS app isn't working either. I also can't get the Add New Room option to allow me to type in a new room. It does collapse the pick list and you'd them expect to be able to click into the name space, but wherever you click on that row it doesn't enable editing. At least for me.
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          You don't use the Z-Wave scene trigger. You use the trigger 'Device is set to' and then use the central scene device that's created when you add the switch to your system. The device appears in a screen shot from this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=15
                          Thanks mark, I would never have found that!

Whats the difference between scene 1 and scene 2?
                          Attached Files
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Finished the install of all my light switches and am seeing only 3 that have the issue when you power on that the light initially lights, then dims to off and then comes on again. I have somewhere near 30 or so dimmers/switches and companions.

I am liking the scenes you can do with them: In the master bathroom, a double tap up will resume the album I was listening to in LMS and turn lights on. A double down will shut the lights and pause the music.

Comment

Scene 1 is a press on the top paddle, scene 2 is a press on the bottom paddle. Look at the scene device on the device management page then press the paddle to see the various scene #'s. You can also look at the status/graphics tab on the scene device, it will list what each scene # is. Think of a scene as a status.

Thanks mark, I would never have found that!

Whats the difference between scene 1 and scene 2?

Comment

Are those 3 devices switches or dimmers?

Originally posted by macrho View Post
                                Finished the install of all my light switches and am seeing only 3 that have the issue when you power on that the light initially lights, then dims to off and then comes on again. I have somewhere near 30 or so dimmers/switches and companions.

I am liking the scenes you can do with them: In the master bathroom, a double tap up will resume the album I was listening to in LMS and turn lights on. A double down will shut the lights and pause the music.

Comment

Working...
                                X