No announcement yet.

HomeSeer and Apple Siri (HomeKit) the easy way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did first run. Lights perform very well on, off dim all is working.

The garage doors won't operate however directly out of the box.

They are in the config.json file (attached) however Siri doesn't understand the commands "Open Third Garage" and "Close Third Garage". She would understand "Turn on/off Third garage" and would report a success. That's fine with me as far as semantics go, however nothing happens with HS3 device "Third garage" and the door doesn't move. The example is for third garage the other doors are same. Meanwhile all garage doors work perfectly from the "home" app on iPhone. They even show some nice images of the doors as they open and close.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Failed miserably with the thermostat. "ref":.... was missing at the top of the thermostat record. I added it but still nothing. The "Home" app is showing "updating" forever and Siri would find it but wouldn't do anything.

Comment

The garage doors are working now (somehow) triggered by Siri. The problem was that the phrases have to be carefully chosen. Siri is very picky and sometimes acts awkwardly. I'm using MyQ enabled garage doors and HS3 plug-in for MyQ doors.

Examples:

Command: Open first garage door
        Action: Opens ALL garage doors.

Command: Open first garage
        Action: There is no app with name first garage.

Generally if there is "door" in the phrase she opens/closes ALL garage doors.
        She has a problem with the word "first" Others are OK "second" "third". I will try naming it garage "One"

Comment

How about "room" attribute.
          There is no "room" attribute in the config.json file and yet Apple's Home app does maintain "room". Is there a way to automatically import "room" info from HS3 to Apple's Home?

Thanks,

Comment

Comment

Log Spam?

I set up Homebridge over the weekend and am now getting web server login entries over and over and over in my log every few seconds....

Code:
              Feb-05 3:27:59 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:28:11 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:28:24 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:28:24 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:28:27 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:28:28 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:28:28 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:28:59 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:29:11 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:29:24 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:29:24 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:29:27 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:29:28 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:29:59 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:30:11 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:30:24 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:30:24 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:30:27 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:30:27 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:30:28 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              Feb-05 3:30:28 PM	 	Web Server	Web Server authorized login successful from: X.X.X.X User: ********
              I did do a search for this on the forum but don't see anyone else complaining. Is this just something we have to live with?

Edit: I know these logins are from Homebridge as the redacted IP address is the Homebridge RPi, and the user is the one I setup specifically for Homebridge, and nothing else is using it.
              Last edited by teladog01; February 5, 2018, 05:11 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Thermostat Room Temp

I have installed 2 Trane 524 thermostats which are set up in homeseer and fully operational. I have set them up in homebridge and have all functions working as expected except the room temperature which is displaying 32 F on both thermostats. This reporting error is only in homebridge, homeseer is correct. I have tried different Ref numbers to no avail. Below is my code. Thanks in advance.

"ref":127,
                "type":"Thermostat",
                "name":"HVAC 2nd Floor",
                "temperatureUnit":"F",
                "setPointRef":134,
                "setPointReadOnly":false,
                "stateRef":131,
                "stateOffValues":[0],
                "stateHeatValues":[1],
                "stateCoolValues":[2],
                "stateAutoValues":[3],
                "controlRef":131,
                "controlOffValue":0,
                "controlHeatValue":1,
                "controlCoolValue":2,
                "controlAutoValue":3
                Attached Files

Comment

Virtual Devices with Homebridge

This tool works great with lights. I have an audio system that is controlled via IR (glodbal cache). I set up virtual devices to control events that allow homeseer control. How do i make them work with homebridge? They show up but do not work.

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                    @copperlab, I have a similar setup to yours for my gates (a relay switch and sensor), and it works fine. However, I have the garage door device setup a little differently. I don't have opening/closing states, and for my Control Use, I have "Door Lock" and "Door Unlock" instead of on/off. Maybe that's why yours isn't working. This is how I have mine setup -
                    I am still having a problem with this. Same setup. Changed the to door lock and door unlock. Still same problem. When I first start homebridge all garage doors default to "opening...". Satus report says closed from homebridge log. I don't get why it is reporting this.

If I start to open and close the doors then eventually the reporting starts saying open and closed properly. But initially it is not reporting right.

Below is the log status from homebridge upon startup and querying the garage doors.

[2/21/2018, 10:56:02 AM] [HomeSeer] Garage Door Middle - Getting door state - HomeSeerStatus[253]=0
                    [2/21/2018, 10:56:02 AM] [HomeSeer] Garage Door North - Getting door state - HomeSeerStatus[254]=0
                    [2/21/2018, 10:56:02 AM] [HomeSeer] Garage Door South - Getting door state - HomeSeerStatus[252]=0

0 is a closed state per my setup on page 1.

Comment

Can we update the homebridge without problems?
                      https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge

Also, can someone tell me if the Pi homebridge plugins are needed, or if they are needed only if you run the Homeseer plugin in homeseer. (im not running any homeseer plugin in homeseer, only the homebridge that is connected to homeseer)
                      If the Pi homeseer plugin is needed to update as well, which one should we use:
                      https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-homeseer-plugin
                      https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-homeseer

Comment

As between homebridge-homeseer and homebridge-homeseer-plugin, I believe homebridge-homeseer-plugin is the more up-to date. However, it appears that neither has been updated in a while.

For a more recent update, look at homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018 which provides much faster device polling and status updates, but does not support thermostats, window coverings, and a few other lesser-used devices types that were supported by the older plugin. See https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebr...er-plugin-2018

Comment

Hi @Jumper4000! The homebridge image will not boot on the latest Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ as it needs a special firmware included in the image. Will there be an updated version? Thanks!

Comment

Has anyone tried installing homebridge on a Homeseer Raspberry Pi image? I would prefer not to run 2 Pi's if I don't need to.

Comment

I have and it seems more responsive that way since the communication between the two apps now all takes place in the local memory rather than over Ethernet / WiFi. In your homebridge config.json file, set the host to http://127.0.0.1 and you should be good!

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
                                I have and it seems more responsive that way since the communication between the two apps now all takes place in the local memory rather than over Ethernet / WiFi. In your homebridge config.json file, set the host to http://127.0.0.1 and you should be good!
                                So you followed the install instructions at https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...a-Raspberry-Pi then?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X