More System Craziness - Borderline Insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    ...and the problem is still extant. "Insteon" is not a choice under "Manage Plug-Ins." So, how do I copy in a backup of my config files?
    Did you see this : https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...6&postcount=16

Sorry I posted in the wrong post!
    You can actually do a USB devices clean up but make sure you have drivers at hand. Some are installed automatically by Windows.

For HomeSeer repair, save your licences.bin from the Config folder then download the installer of HomeSeer version you have and run a repair. Replace the licences.bin file and restart the server.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      Can you tell me the state of your hs server?

if you startup with the insteon disabled, does it come up normally?

if you enable the insteon plugin, are you still getting the original error msg?
      My HS server comes up normally, sometimes with a port error and sometimes not. The web interface comes up but will not control Insteon devices. It ignores mouseclicks.

The insteon plugin is NOT disabled. It is simply not in the list of activated plugins. So I can't enable OR disable it.

Jim Speiser
      38-year veteran of Home Automation
      Still don't know squat

Comment

you need to resolve the issues with your hs installation first. then try installing the insteon plugin from the Updater

please see the hs3 forum for help getting your hs3 working normally.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          Did you see this : https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...6&postcount=16

Sorry I posted in the wrong post!
          You can actually do a USB devices clean up but make sure you have drivers at hand. Some are installed automatically by Windows.

For HomeSeer repair, save your licences.bin from the Config folder then download the installer of HomeSeer version you have and run a repair. Replace the licences.bin file and restart the server.

Eman.
          Thanks for that info. I'm going to hold off on it for the moment, until I'm sure it's a port issue. I'm thinking I just might have to re-run the FTDI utility, but if that doesn't work I will sure try the USBView to see what's what. I do know that I have a couple of bad USB jacks on this system, but I want to narrow this down first. Thanks again.

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

you need to resolve the issues with your hs installation first. then try installing the insteon plugin from the Updater

please see the hs3 forum for help getting your hs3 working normally.
            Sorry, I'm just back from another road trip.

This took me a little by surprise. I was under the impression that my HS3 is Okey-dokey, and that the problems I'm having all stem from some kind of problem with either the Insteon plugin, the USB port, or maybe even the PLM. What leads you to suspect the HS3 installation?

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

Sorry, I'm just back from another road trip.

This took me a little by surprise. I was under the impression that my HS3 is Okey-dokey, and that the problems I'm having all stem from some kind of problem with either the Insteon plugin, the USB port, or maybe even the PLM. What leads you to suspect the HS3 installation?
              you mentioned the following below:
              "My HS server comes up normally, sometimes with a port error and sometimes not."

are you still getting http/web port errors when you start hs?

why did the insteon plugin just disappeared from the plugin page? did the insteon plugin files actually disappear from the homeseer root folder?

these issues are not normal for a functioning hs installation
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

you mentioned the following below:
                "My HS server comes up normally, sometimes with a port error and sometimes not."

are you still getting http/web port errors when you start hs?

why did the insteon plugin just disappeared from the plugin page? did the insteon plugin files actually disappear from the homeseer root folder?

these issues are not normal for a functioning hs installation
                Tell me about it! Welcome to my world!

No, no more errors since this morning, when I ran the FTDI utility again (suspecting that my wife plugged the PLM into a different USB port). I then reinstalled and activated the Insteon module. It works, but it looks vanilla - factory default. My devices are gone.

The files in my CONFIG folder include insteon.ini, insteon.ini.bak, and insteon.bak.ini. They are all dated today.

The files in my ConfigBackup folder are in .zip format, and contain the above three files, all dated back on Jan 21. I guess I can live with this - it's better than nothing. But I gotta ask, which one do I copy into the active folder? And what's with all the .bak.inis and ini.baks?

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

ok. so you need to shutdown hs, and restore a good copy of the homeseer.hsd, config\insteon.ini files. this should bring your insteon setup back.

i can't tell you which file to pick, you just need to rename one to insteon.ini and it must match to the homeseer.hsd in terms of when they were backed up
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok. so you need to shutdown hs, and restore a good copy of the homeseer.hsd, config\insteon.ini files. this should bring your insteon setup back.

i can't tell you which file to pick, you just need to rename one to insteon.ini and it must match to the homeseer.hsd in terms of when they were backed up
                    OK I restored insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd from the ZIP files in ConfigBackup. It brought back my devices, BUT...
                    • Almost all "Floor" data was blank. One or two had the floor field populated.
                    • Device Reference numbers did not load, so none of my device-related events will work.

The first one I can handle with the mass edit function. The second one? That's a deal-killer. I need those ref ids to match. Is there a quick way to replace these with the correct values? Or a reasonable workaround?

Jim Speiser
                    Still don't know squat

Comment

shutdown the plugin. then shutdown hs

find a good backup of your homeseer database that has the insteon devices already created. replace the the homeseer.hsd with this file, and restart hs and verify your devices are there.

if so, start the plugin and check the log for a normal startup

the plugin should not attempt to recreate any devices if they already exist
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

shutdown the plugin. then shutdown hs

find a good backup of your homeseer database that has the insteon devices already created. replace the the homeseer.hsd with this file, and restart hs and verify your devices are there.

if so, start the plugin and check the log for a normal startup

the plugin should not attempt to recreate any devices if they already exist
                        OK, so...
                        1. Disable the plugin.
                        2. Stop HomeSeer.
                        3. Copy a good backup of homseer.hsd into Config folder
                        4. Start HomeSeer.
                        5. Make sure my devices are repopulated.
                        6. Start the plugin.

Right?

Should I also delete the insteon.ini that I copied from backup? Will that cause any problems when I restart the plugin?

Jim Speiser
                        Still don't know squat

Comment

OK, so...
                          1. Disable the plugin.
                          2. Stop HomeSeer.
                          3. Copy a good backup of homseer.hsd into Config folder
                          4. Start HomeSeer.
                          5. Make sure my devices are repopulated.
                          6. Start the plugin.

Right?

Should I also delete the insteon.ini that I copied from backup? Will that cause any problems when I restart the plugin?
                          the steps are correct. don't change the insteon.ini file. if the hs database and insteon.ini are in sync, everything should be fine.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This was only partially successful. I can now control devices from the CAPI (web interface), but the events are still screwed up. They are there, but they contain all blank commands, and they say, for example, "Device with reference 132 is no longer in the system." I look up that device and it is now ref id 856.

Is there a way to get the original ref IDs back? Where are they stored?

Jim Speiser
                            Still don't know squat

Comment

This was only partially successful. I can now control devices from the CAPI (web interface), but the events are still screwed up. They are there, but they contain all blank commands, and they say, for example, "Device with reference 132 is no longer in the system." I look up that device and it is now ref id 856.

Is there a way to get the original ref IDs back? Where are they stored?
                              you haven't found the right homeseer database yet. there should be several versions in the \data. find an older one
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

you haven't found the right homeseer database yet. there should be several versions in the \data. find an older one
                                This one is dated Jan 21. It seems to be intact, it just isn't able to access the insteon devices by ref id. The CAPI uses the device address, and so I am able to manually turn things on and off from the Device Control page. I don't think I can do better with any other hsd.

Jim Speiser
                                Still don't know squat

Comment

Working...
                                X